• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

National Geographic Quest Review

Editor Rating

Disappointed, to say the least

Review for National Geographic Quest to North America River
the_Swamp
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2018
Cabin:

This was a cruise of the Columbia and Snake Rivers, following in the footsteps of Lewis and Clark. It was interesting on paper, in actuality, if you like riding on buses (I'm pretty sure Lewis & Clark didn't!) then this trip is for you. We went on this cruise because of our past experience on the National Geographic Endeavour in the Galapagos, which was great! I found this cruise no better than any other "regular" cruise. Sure, we had a few interesting stops, but I don't think the wineries and breweries were there in the early 1800s. I don't know, I guess I expected more excitement, to learn more, like it was in the Galapagos - an adventure. I had never been to the Pacific Northwest before and figured this would be a great introduction. But alas! Most of the crew were knowledgeable, passionate about their subjects of focus and personable, there were some exceptions. I can't see shelling out that kind of money for an average cruise like that again. My rating is based on that - big price, average quality. Food was good, not exceptional. Bar prices were average. And as one reviewer noted, there was no place to lounge that was somewhat quiet (The Endeavour had a library that was separate from the lounge).

Cabin was about what I expected on this ship, adequate comfort, good storage, I'm only there to sleep.

Port Reviews

Portland (Oregon)

A steep incline to the dock

7 Helpful Votes