• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

geseps
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2018
Cabin: Club Veranda Stateroom

We wanted to travel through the Greek Isles and thought doing it on a cruise would be a luxury since it was our 30th anniversary. The destinations in general were very nice (other than a day in Igoumenitsa. The ship was outdated and not very luxurious. The food was very average and the choices were limited, especially at breakfast (a tune omellette?). The caption was very poorly spoken and the cruise director almost invisible except if you watched him and the asistant director on cc tv which was comparable to a poor high school broadcast. The "free" alcohol was basically bar swill except for a couple of decent wines with dinner. The buffet was cold and cheap food (lunch meat and sliced sandwich cheese on the "charcuterie" bar?). I will never recommend this cruise line to anyone, although the over 70 crowd seemed to love it. The entertainment was cheesy and other than the DJ didn't hold our interest. The ship even threatened to charge us if we didn't attend their big Azamazing evening even though they had to tender due to a change of venue. We were also cheated out of an overnight in Mykonos since obviously the ship logistics were too difficult for whoever was in charge of the ports. I would think that with less passengers logistics would be much easier, but obviously this proved to be false. We paid extra for a balcony room that was smaller than an ocean view room on a previous cruise.

Club Veranda Stateroom

Cabin V3

Cabin was small with very little drawer space. The bathroom was very small and the shower was almost impossible to turn around to rinse off. I am a fairly lean person so I can't believe that a large person could even stay in the shower to wash.

4 Helpful Votes