3. Serenade of the Seas
We chose the cruise for the departure city, as well as the destination and the schedule. Not to mention RCL was my favorite line and we would be the only ship in dock. We arrived on time at the port in Boston and getting on the ship was fairly quick and easy. The ship was beautiful and easy to navigate, we had "scored" one of the newly created ultra large ocean view cabins on the deck 7. It was a spacious room with roughly 100 square feet of space.It was very nice. I was a little sad they didn't use a little of that space in the showers tho! Our Room Steward, Jean , was a phenomenal, making sure we had everything we needed and checking in with us to make sure we had a good day. Dining was good, I noticed that there had been cuts in the Windjammer, there was less variety at breakfast and lunch than on my prior trip. We had our dinner in Reflections at 5:30 each nite. Our waiters Hurry and Mohammad were incredible. One evening I took the lemon wedge from my shrimp cocktail and put it in my water. The next evening I had a small plate of lemon wedges. There were additional things they did as well to make the dining experience extraordinary. Entertainment and activities to quote my nieces and nephews.. were lame. I am used to an early and a late show. More often than not there was one show and it was late. Activities were poor, Friday we had trivia scheduled 5x through out the day, the cruise director's staff was in general "removed and unfriendly" and only visible when conducting an activity. ( Interestingly, I ran in to a B2B cruise who expressed the disparity between last weeks activities and this weeks activities, she claimed the prior week was much livelier, where this was boring.) We were in contact with Guest services 3 times, the first two times the staff member was unfriendly,disconnected and removed. There was no warmth, or friendliness, perhaps if we had received good information from her I would could have forgiven the unfriendly and disconnected interaction..The 3rd time we stopped by as we received conflicting information on debarking, the rep was friendly, helpful and engaged. I was also sad as due to the new computer system RCL installed that there were flaw and many,many of the 87 of us signed up for the meet and mingle never received invitations. Knowing the new system had problems it would have been nice if they had had a back up system to have avoided this issue. We did not book any ship excursions as Bermuda is pretty easy to navigate on your own.. However the island in general was wonderful. Debarking was a nightmare! We chose to carry our luggage off , apparently they were not prepared of the numbers, we received conflicting information from the staff assigned to assist, Basically it was a fire marshal's nightmare and took an hour to get off the ship.Prior to this I thought RCL had one of the pleasantest more organised departure schedule.. What happened? Would I cruise this line again.. Yes, if I liked the departure port, destination and schedule. However I would take more books and some movies/activities to keep me entertained in the future.

This experience was unlike my first experience on RCL

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by gardenbug22

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

gardenbug22’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 8N 7504
The cabin was one of the newly created ocean view rooms
and was very spacious. Lots of draw and closet space.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins