3. Norwegian Getaway
have to let you know about my first and last experience with NCL. I have been on 7 cruises prior to this one (all Carnival). I wanted to try something different and I have to say, I am sorry I did. I feel like i was nickle and dimed to death on this cruise. The restaurant selection was bland at best unless you purchase a specialty dining package (which we did). 2 of the nights were outstanding (Maduro and Teppenyaki), La Cucina was OK but Cagney's was terrible. First, we had 8PM reservations and we were not seated until 840, then, when I ordered a rib-eye, our waiter advised against it (which I appreciated) except the porterhouse was equally dry and bland. Then, we had waits at EVERY other non dining plan place we tried (up to 1.5hrs)! 2 mornings we couldn't eat breakfast due to 1 side being closed and the other was so crowded we couldn't get near it. everywhere you go they want money (Jimmy Buffet, Shows, Ice Bar, etc). We NEVER once met our cabin steward, the bartenders for the most part had no personality and Saturday, we were outside the Sunset Bar (which was closed) and when they opened for a margarita tasting, we were told to be quiet by the bartender so they others could hear the presentation. Shows you had to make reservations for or wait in god awful lines to hope to get in. Bars mostly closed at 12AM and didn't open until 11 except for 1 or 2 and even then they didn't open at the times the sheets said. I paid $2400 for the cruise, plus gratuities, plus excursions, flights, etc and you still charged us for transportation to the airport. This was the worst of price gouging ever. When on a Carnival, I pay 1 price for everything on the boat except 1 restaurant and gratuities. There is ALWAYS something going on. The staff is always going out of their way to say hi. I knew my cabin steward by name the first day. I regret ever taking a NCL.

Cruise is Not for the Under 60 Crowd

jgold0520’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BA 12748
Never once met my steward
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins