3. Scenic Amber
We chose Scenic because our friends sailed with this company and everything was included. We attended a seminar and we were impressed with the information. The high water situation was discussed and so we booked in September to avoid the spring rain falls. Before we left on the cruise, we heard rumours of low water levels and scoured the internet for information about cruise interruptions but could not find any. 2 days before we left Canada, we received an email from Scenic saying our ship had been changed to the Amber and further in the email a paragraph "The upper Danube river between Passau and Regensburg is experiencing low water levels and our Cruise Director will keep guests informed of the changing river situation and required cruising amendments." My travel agent called Scenic and was told they knew of no issues with the ships sailing the route. Once we got there, we learned not 1 ship made it all the way along the route since June! We had cancellation insurance and could have rescheduled everything at that point. Scenic would have had their money and we would have had ours. If we had known we were to pack up and change ships twice and spend hours on a bus, we never would have gone on this cruise! Misrepresentation and lies is all we got. As well, on the Rhine gorge portion, you know, where you are supposed to be having a glass of wine and gazing at castles, they put us on a noisy, stinky public ferry. Adding insult to injury, as the ferry ground along, we looked over and a Scenic ship went by. They make it seem like they are doing you a big favour by moving your luggage for you and rearranging the schedule to get as much in as they promised but it is a huge inconvenience to be jumping up early and packing and unpacking to be shuttled on a bus where there are a bunch of people coughing. We both got sick from being cooped up on busses for hours. Don't be fooled by the advertising. More than 1/2 the time we were docked beside another ship, staring into someone else's cabin. The top of the ship is closed a lot as well, to get under the bridges. This route is packed with ships, way too busy. Having said all this, I must add that the facilities on the ships, the food, service and tours were amazing! I only regret I was not offered an opportunity to go at a time I could have enjoyed it to the max. I have been offered an insulting refund amount according to their "cruise guarantee" which I am disputing. They have acknowledged receipt of my letter but have not responded. It's been more than 2 weeks.

September cruise, but Not 1 ship sailed the whole route since JUNE

Scenic Amber Cruise Review by Chandelier1230

, The Scenic Team has responded
Dear Chandelier1230, Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear that you didn't find this cruise as relaxing as you had hoped due to having to change ships twice. Currently in Europe, the incidence of low water and the ability for continued cruising is varying on a daily basis due to water levels. This is a situation we are monitoring continuously such that we can implement alternative options where possible, to ensure the continuation of guest’s travel plans. We are pleased to hear though that you found the ship facilities, food, service and tours amazing. Best regards, The Scenic Team
Chandelier1230’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Amber price drops

Amber - King size adjustable bed - Nice! Pool
Jade - identical to Amber, king size bed not adjustable, no pool
Ruby - king size bed not adjustable, no pool, room slightly smaller than the other 2, side panels on sun lounge were not full height, could hear people next door.
Sheets, towels, bed comfort, cleanliness are premium! Toilets flush beautifully, no smell
I have to say, I don't get the sun lounge concept. Just add the space to the room as a sitting area. The glass panels separating the lounge from the room are open the whole time and you are just tripping over the track and the black out curtains.