My wife had a specific diet entitled a "thick pureed diet" and we sent all relevant documentation before we booked and p & o customer services sent them direct to the azura who replied that this diet would be no problem so we booked. The first evening meal the soup was served with bits of leaves in it directly against directions in this diet and it then went from bad to worse! On two evenings she was served a bowl of water that stank of fish! The thick puree should stand in its place when served if you place a fork on top of it it should leave an imprint of the fork in the food and you should be able to eat the food with the fork without it falling through the tines of the fork. So how can a bowl of smelly water comply with those instructions? The instructions we sent showed how to make a thick puree diet how to thicken it up or thin it down if need be to get the right consistency. This was never done in all meals for 9 days! By this time my wife was starving so we went to the buffet each night to see if there was anything she could eat there like soft deserts with custard! The meals served were too thick one day or like water the next or had very large lumps in it or garnishes or leaves all against the instructions we sent! It was just as if the chefs on board could not be bothered or it was done out of spite! The only other conclusion is that it was incompetence or not one chef on board knows how to prepare a thick puree diet. Obviously we rate the dining as nil/zero absolutely awful. Entertainment was ok but its time jimmy james retired! I enjoyed the quizzes but I always do. The manahement were appalling re the food issues. They did nit help at all! Overall very poor and we will not travel with P & O again!

P & O starve passenger

Azura Cruise Review by jimbomont

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Outside Stateroom (Obstructed View)

Obviously we rate the dining as nil/zero absolutely awful.

Entertainment was ok but its time jimmy james retired!

I enjoyed the quizzes but I always do.

The manahement were appalling re the food issues. They did nit help at all!

Overall very poor and we will not travel with P & O again!
jimbomont’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azura price drops

Outside Stateroom (Obstructed View)
Cabin NA e503
bit small with folded beds above stewardkept ight at our door every day and night so we couldn't get our wheelchair past it so my wife had to walk! Other than that fine.
  Azura Deck Plans