3. River Concerto
The boat, CONCERTO, was excellent- the rooms were large and spacious; the bathroom was clean. The food was nothing special however. The staff were very nice.There were smaller issues and I’ve reviewed the same in another post on the Nile Cruise. Hady, our guide, was excellent- he’s a formal Egyptologist and knew the nitty gritty of Egyptian history- and answered our questions easily. He’s been doing this for the last 15 years. Hady, gave us excellent tips and other general information on each port of call; how much we should be tipping different people; taking us to the correct shops; etc. It was an excellent four days- and the five of us (including Hady) became very friendly and easy to be with each other. The one-day difference between a 4 day-3 night (Aswan to Luxor) and 5 day-4 night (Luxor to Aswan) cruises is due to the fact that with the former you are traveling WITH the current so you get to Luxor faster; and with the latter, you are brunting the current so your travel increases by one day. The sights are exactly the same but it only takes longer due to the time of travel up river. Ports of call were: Aswan (departure)-Kom Ombo-Edfu-Luxor. Hady accompanied us through the trip, from day 1; and attended to all our queries, needs, etc. He was extremely professional, a very knowledgeable person and a very nice person to be with. During my communication with Hany, I also set up with him for the Pyramids, Sphinx & Egyptian Museum tour in Cairo. As mentioned above, the food was nice- but nothing special. It was a buffet set up for all meals and the timings were set- so you either ate in those times or you missed the meals. The staff were very courteous and the cooks made my omelette very well. You should not tip individually- the Cruise requests that at the end of the cruise to put in whatever gratuity amount you want into an envelope and with your room number deposit it into the box at the reception.

Egypt Nile Cruise- Concerto - Hany - Imperial Tours Egypt

River Concerto Cruise Review by dinshaw

dinshaw’s Full Rating Summary
Get River Concerto price drops

The rooms were large and spacious; the bathroom was clean. The food was nothing special however. The staff were very nice.There were smaller issues and I’ve reviewed the same in another post on the Nile Cruise.
The room was like a 4-star Deluxe room (like you'll get in Dubai or any major city in the world). The bathroom was clean and spacious. Large picture windows overlooking the Nile. Very comfortable.
Our cabin was towards the front of the ship= and I recommend the same for future travelers so that the engine noise doesn't disturb you.

• Felucca Ride
    24. In Aswan, we had an excellent Felucca sail around Elephantine Island with Capt. Jamal. He was a very friendly fellow and we felt very comfortable with him. His number was +20-100-2064042. His boat was named “Bob Marley”. However, if you do use him, tell him to come alone and not with his “oversmart” cousin (forgot his name). Jamal took us around Elephantine Island and it costed us only Egy. Pounds 100 (which I believe is the going rate for an hour’s sail). We liked him so much that we then asked him to take us for dinner by Felucca to a restaurant on the other side of Elephantine Island, which he did. I would definately recommend his services for future travelers.
    View All 3 Felucca Ride Reviews