3. Carnival Dream
My husband and I just got home from this cruise today and I wanted to write my review while things were still on my mind. First of all, the staff were friendly and helpful. Our Steward, Pantika, called us by name and always made sure we had everything we needed. He was the best!!! Cruise director Alex was full of energy and always friendly when we saw him. We splurged on this cruise and stayed in cabin 6479, a premium vista balcony room on back of the ship. The balcony was huge and wrapped around the corner to the back. We loved it and spent a lot of time out there. The only problem was that the glass was dirty and you couldn't see through it when you were seated. Our room was great with 2 large windows and a glass door. The food was great and we ate in the dining room every night. It was like 7 date nights in a row!! Oh!! And the carrot cake at the coffee shop is to die for!!! Loved Guys burgers and the Red Frog serves the best diet coke on the ship :) We sailed past Hurricane Michael on night number 2 and the seas were really rough, but our Captain got us where we needed to go without having to miss or change any of our stops. Thanks Captain!! There was a terrible smell of sewer near the back set of stairs and elevators. I read another review that complained of this so I know it wasn't just an isolated problem. You just had to hold your breath and run!!! Overall, we had a great time and will definitely cruise with carnival again!!

Great cruise with only a couple of minor issues.

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by peteycosmo

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Premium Vista Balcony
peteycosmo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Premium Vista Balcony
Cabin 9C 6479
Great cabin!! Very roomy with lots of windows and natural light. There was a loud vibrating sound that happened with the Captain turned the thrusters on, but they weren't on very often or for very long, thank goodness! Loved the extended balcony. The glass on the balcony was dirty and couldn't see through it when sitting down, but we loved loved loved being out their on our private balcony. Would definitely book this room again!!
Vista Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Belize City
    This excursion was beautiful!!! We tendered out about 15 min from the ship to a small island. There was plenty of beach, the water was beautiful, there were ample beach chairs, umbrellas and trees. There was a water park for the kids (for an extra fee), a large open grass hut dining hall, a small store, a bar and floatie rentals. I really enjoyed this little island a lot and would go back again for sure!
    View All 12,802 Belize City Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Belize City Cruise Port Review
  • Segway Tour
    The Segway tours were so much fun!!! I thought it would be difficult to ride and I would for sure fall off at least once, but we picked it right up and had no problems!! The instructor was a great teacher and guide. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes, for some reason we all complained of our feet hurting while riding. The beach part was mediocre at best but the segway part made up for it.
    View All 28 Segway Tour Reviews
  • Private Resort Day Pass
    La Casa En Playa was beautiful. It was a private home with a chef, open bar with bartender, pool and hot tub, plenty areas for lounging and the beach was beautiful. This was truly a treat. The staff were attentive and welcoming. This was a great excursion and is highly recommended for a day of relaxing.
    View All 182 Private Resort Day Pass Reviews
  • Roatan
    My husband loved this excursion, but for me, it was my least favorite of the 4 excursions. The staff here were wonderful. They were friendly and went out of their way to make you feel welcome. The water at their beach was brown and there was grass all the way out past the pier. There were only a few small spots of sand to stand in. I was more than ready to get back on the bus to go back to the ship. Roatan was beautiful and we got back to the port in time to do a little shopping.
    View All 12,802 Roatan Cruise Port Reviews