3. Majesty of the Seas
We chose this cruise because it went to Cuba, a place we've always wanted to visit. We've been on over 30 cruises with all the major players (Carnvial, Princess, HAL, Norwegian). This was our 5th Royal Caribbean cruise. Embarkation: Embarkation was pretty painless. The ship left at 4pm and we got to the port around noon which I think is one of the busiest times. There were a ton of agents checking people in so the line went really fast. I'd say the whole process from getting there to being on the ship took less than 30 minutes. Overall Ship: This ship is quite old and is showing its age. If you are used to the newer ships, the decor will probably not impress you. I'd describe the atmosphere as "90s Vegas hotel". Overall though, the public areas are nice. There aren't very many elevators and the ones that we're there were constantly closed for maintenance. So there was always a lot of waiting for the elevator and when you did get one, it was extremely crowded. We opted to take the stairs most of the time, but that's not an option for some. The pool area was typically pretty crowded, but we never had trouble finding a seat. Room: We had an interior stateroom. These are definitely the smallest rooms I've ever seen on a cruise ship. You basically just open the door and there's your bed. We didn't spend much time in the room so the size wasn't a big deal. The mattress and pillows were fine. I'd seen some other reviews saying the beds were hard or worn out, but that wasn't the case in our room. The shower curtain in our bathroom was kind of gross and we asked the steward if we could change it, which he promptly did. The water pressure was good and there was a handheld shower head. Dining: I wasn't expecting much in terms of dining on this cruise, but I have to say, they blew me away in this department. The food and service in the main dining room was excellent. There was a nice variety of options each night and everything was cooked very well. On the last night they also had free lobster which was awesome. I'd recommend eating lunch in the main dining room as there are a lot of excellent options and they have an amazing salad bar with all sorts of fancy ingredients (brie, figs, etc.). The Windjammer buffet was alright. I wasn't super impressed with the quality, but it was good for a quick bite. There was also a pizza place that was open late. To be honest, the pizza was pretty cardboard-ey, but it hits the spot when you have those late night cravings. Entertainment: I didn't experience much of the entertainment as my form of entertainment was constantly gorging myself with food each day. However, what I saw was quite good. There was a comedian one night who was very funny. There was also a singer who did impressions who was kind of corny but enjoyable. They had a nice amount of activities like trivia, bingo, etc, but I didn't participate much in them as it was a very short cruise so there was limited time. Ports: As I said before, the primary reason for this cruise was to visit Cuba. We booked our own tour guide rather than go with the ship's tour. Getting off the ship in Havana was actually a lot easier than I expected. The ship pulls right into town. You have to go through customs/passport control which is pretty basic. On the second day they didn't even check our passports. I'd highly recommend booking your own tour rather than going with the ship's tour. I'd heard from other passengers that ship's tour was kind of boring and you spend most of your time on a bus. Overall, Havana is very interesting city, and I'd definitely like to return to Cuba to see more. We also went to Cozumel which we've been to about a million times. We paid a package price for transportation and access to a beach (which was somewhat overpriced but hassle-free). We arrived in Cozumel quite late in the day (around 2pm) and didn't depart until 9pm. Many of the beach resorts close around 5pm or 6pm. So by the time we got off the ship and took a taxi to the beach it was already 3:45pm which didn't leave us much time at the beach. We did some snorkeling and had a good time, but keep in mind the beach's hours before you decide to pay to visit one. Overall: I will end with the point that the service is wonderful on this ship. The service is typically good on most of the cruises we've been on, but the waiters, stewards, and staff on this ship really shined. They were always smiling and sincerely cared about providing good service. Despite the old ship and the small rooms, I would highly recommend the Majesty especially if you want to visit Cuba.

Old ship, great service