3. Oasis of the Seas
We booked this as a very last minute cruise for myself, husband and 2 kids. We found an amazing last minute fare and couldn't pass it up. We are gold on Carnival. This was our first time on another cruise line and we were so excited to check out the Oasis. The ship itself did not disappoint! It is beautiful! And the layout was great. It very rarely felt crowded at all. The "neighborhood" concept it has really helped keep the crowds spread out enough so that even though there were over 6500 passengers, it never felt that way. I knocked points off though because we felt like the ship was lacking in activities. Yes there was pleanty to do, but it did not have the same planned activities we were used to. The daily cruise plan included lots of seminars and the like for ththe purpose of selling you things. We did participate in the scavenger hunt which was fun. I only ever saw the cruise director during his morning "rant" on the TV. I found him to be whiney and not at all entertaining as we've grown to expect from cruise directors. There were several shows on board. We watched the dive show and frozen in time. We found both to be a bit more "interpretive" than we typically enjoy and were bored by both. We had reservations for Come Fly with me, unfortunately it was canceled due to injury by the only crew member who could operate the set. They had a magician and comedian come out as an alternative. We did enjoy this show much more than the others. I think we were most disappointed with the food. The selections in the main dining room were fantastic! But the options in the Buffett and other free eateries throughout the ship were limited and we found ourself bored of the same things day in and out for breakfast and lunch. This is the first cruise in years we have come home without gaining a pound (or 5!) So maybe the lack of enticing food options was a plus afterall ;) We did not try any of the specialty restaurants other than Johnny Rockets (which was fantastic!) We were traveling with a baby and a 4 year old so specialty dining wasn't a very feasible option for us. Plus we prefer to keep costs down so we can cruise again sooner. The cupcakes from the Ice cream shop were the exact same as available free in the buffet and cafe's. Only they had more frosting and cost $2.50. The chocolate frosting and lemon frostings on both of the ones we tried was a cream cheese. It was an odd combo and completely un appetizing. The milkshakes were better at Johnny Rockets, and included with your meal for just a couple dollars more than just a milkshake from Cups and Scoops. Our 4 year old really enjoyed the kids club! We could barely keep him out of it. He wanted to spend every minute it was open there. And he would hide from us at pickup. Everyone involved was amazing! They would even address my son outside of camp by name when we would run into any of them throughout the ship. My 1 year old didn't use daycare. But it was an option. She did love the carasoul and playground on the boardwalk. The crew was always friendly and warm anytime we encountered them. However our room steward did the bare minimum. Our traveling companions got towel animals nightly (they had no children) and we only got one. We had to ask for clean sheets. My son had gotten toothpaste on them in the morning. He was on the sofa bed so it had to be made and broken down daily. There is no way the steward missed the mess. We came back from dinner to find the same dirty sheets smeared with blue toothpaste. The next morning I asked him to change the sheets because there was toothpaste on them. He smiled and said "oh yes! I wondered what got on them." All in all, we enjoyed the ship and main dining food. Plus the kids club. But unless we come across a too good to pass up deal we will not be choosing Royal Caribbean again.

Ship was beautiful! Food and activities were lacking.

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Taylors

Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D 7268
Loved the location of our room! Only downfall was having to remember to only use the port side elevator because the hallways were inaccessible to each other because of the boardwalk sign between them.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins