Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review
1,874 Reviews

Wonderful crossing on a really nice ship!

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by timesharejoe

• Sail Date: Oct 2017
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah 1B

We chose this sailing for several reasons...1) It was our first trip to Italy. 2) We like long, relaxing stretches at sea. 3) We really enjoyed Celebrity on previous cruises. 4) The cost was very reasonable. The Celebrity Reflection is a fine ship in every sense of the word. We had a balcony cabin and spent many hours just enjoying the view from our veranda. My favorite perch was the top deck aft, where I enjoyed cocktails, a fine cigar and played Bocce on the natural grass court with many newly discovered friends throughout the crossing. The food on this ship was outstanding, every single meal. It never mattered whether I ate at the Main Dining Room, the Buffet, or the specialty restaurants, I was always impressed with the food and the service (tried them all). I enjoyed the daily Texas Hold Em' poker tournaments in the casino. As a retired couple, we were very pleased that many of the fellow passengers were our age group, and there were very few children on board (probably due to the fact that schools were in session and this was a 14 day trans-Atlantic crossing). The crew threw a big Halloween costume party that was a hoot! So many great costumes, like the guys that went as Tweedle=Dee and Tweedle-Dum! I never expected so many people to bring costumes (we didn't think to bring ours), but the party was a big hit for all who attended. The musical entertainment was excellent every night. They had a large band that specialized in Abba songs, and I couldn't tell the difference with my eyes closed. Full orchestra with strings,,,wonderful! The ports where we stopped were all different than typical Caribbean style ports. There is a lot of walking if you decide to go into town at any stops in Spain to shop, so if you don't have the legs for it, look into transportation before you get off the ship. Every stop is unique on the Mediterranean, and each has something different to offer a first timer. We just enjoy shopping and stopping to sample local fare. Don't miss the shopping district in Tenerife, with it's sidewalk cafes and lush greenery! We enjoyed perfect weather for the entire cruise, and we looked forward to hearing the Captain's daily position report at 10 AM. He made us laugh uncontrollably every day! All in all, our memories of this cruise are among the best (and we have done over 30 sailings). I can't wait for the next time we cruise on the Reflection!

timesharejoe's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah 1B

Clean, comfortable bed, good closet space, well organized.

Rome (Civitavecchia)

If you embark from Civitavecchia, it's best if you spend the night before there. It's a long way from Rome to the port and taxis are very expensive. We took the train from the airport to the port a day ahead of embarkation, which worked well. Hotels are quaint in Civitavecchia, make a reservation well in advance.

Barcelona

We actually relaxed on the ship while in Barcelona, due to some political demonstrations that were going on that day in town. We really didn't mind, as we were still feeling some jet-lag from the flight over. But Barcelona looked like an interesting city to visit next time.

Cartagena (Spain)

Very nice port. Took a five minute taxi ride for a bit of shopping and lunch. Just enough for us.

Malaga

Lovely town, and the locals were very friendly. Helps if you speak Spanish when you bargain for goods. We were able to get some decent deals on silver jewelry at one of the many shoppes.

Tenerife

My favorite stop. Walked to town (about 1/2 mile) and found a wonderful shopping and dining street covered by lush greenery and tree shaded outdoor cafes. Our kind of place! Would have liked to stay there longer.

timesharejoe