3. Carnival Conquest
This was my first cruise and the Conquest shows her age, but was a good ship to start with. We sailed out of Fort Lauderdale and embarkation and disembarkation went smoothly. Overall, the cruise was good and I had a great time. The food was just ok. My husband and I loved Guys burgers, but everything else from the buffet, to dining room, to Blue Iguana Cantina, to pizza, to deli were mediocre. The service onboard was great, but I hated the constant sales pitches. Our couples massage was not relaxing with being pressured to upgrade and purchase products. The ship decor is a little shabby and dated (peeling in some areas), but clean. We didn’t get the cheers package, but bought several drinks and none of them had enough (or any?) alcohol in them. I am a lightweight and usually get tipsy after one drink and after three I didn’t feel even slightly buzzed. We had a balcony cabin on Lido 9283 and it was a great location. We cruised to Grand Turk, Nassau, and Half Moon Cay. People hassle you on the beach at Grand Turk, but I still really enjoyed this port. I loved Half Moon Cay, but tendering was a pain. I didn’t not like the port at Nassau and Atlantis was expensive and overrated.

First cruise

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Bakerbunch83

Bakerbunch83’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 9283
Great, quiet location on Lido deck. Close to pool and food. Decor is a little dated, but the room was clean and spacious enough. This is an onobstructed balcony room. I definitely recommend this location.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Everglades Tour
    Boat tour of the Everglades. This excursion includes a air boat tour to see alligators, a show, and airport transfers. The bus guide was annoying (tried very hard to be funny, but wasn’t), the boat guide was great, the person that did the show was fine. They all asked for tips. We paid extra to get a picture with a small alligator and purchased some gator bites. This tour is definitely worth it if you need airport transfers and have time to kill before your flight home.
    View All 123 Everglades Tour Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    I loved this port. Complimentary pool at Margaritaville, shopping, and free beach right off of the ship. People do hassle you to sell chairs, etc. when you get to the beach, but they do have some free chairs available. Our excursion was great. The snorkeling was a little too guided and crowded (I was kicked many times), but the rum punch and fresh conch salad with chips made up for that.
    View All 187 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Half Moon Cay
    The beach and water were beautiful. The food was tolerable, but not good. Tendering was a hassle and a storm blew in and we had to wait in a very long line to tender back in the pouring rain.
    View All 1,175 Half Moon Cay Cruise Port Reviews