3. Celebrity Reflection
My first cruise on Celebrity was a wonderful, luxurious experience. The ship was beautiful and clean. The crew was friendly and helpful. Food was delicious and plentiful. There were many activities available on the ship. I booked the Rome port transportation with Celebrity. I arrived 1 day early and stayed at the Rome airport Hilton. I had planned to walk back to the airport arrival area to catch their bus to the port but I was pleased to find out the Celebrity had a bus that left from the Rome airport Hilton. When the cruise was complete, I received luggage tags the night before arriving in Rome. The number corresponded to a time to meet and catch the return bus to the Rome airport. I especially enjoyed breakfast in the Oceanview Cafe. The staff was very cheerful and frequently greeted people. There was always a wide variety of food to choose from. Nightly entertainment was excellent. I attended shows in the Reflection Theater each night and there was a great variety of top performances. Every evening we received a handout containing the next day's activities, helpful information and tips; so we could easily plan our activities. In the morning Rich and Nacho had a helpful review of the day's activities on a television channel. There was also a channel devoted to excursions. I booked my excursions with Celebrity except for Mykonos which I explored on my own. All of the locations were beautiful but Santorini and Mykonos were my favorites.

5 stars for Celebrity Reflection - Italy, Greek Isles, Malta

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by tulgal1

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah

tulgal1’s Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah
Cabin 1A 8130
Spacious cabin with balcony. Large bathroom and closet.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Malta (Valletta)
    Guided tour of Valleta and Mdina. I was very impressed with the fortified city Mdina. The highlight of the tour was a fabulous buffet lunch which I believe was at the Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands.

I found out that there was a Celebrity Malta tour visiting Game of Thrones film locations. This was not listed online and I found about it too late. I would have booked this if I knew about it.

View All 10,399 Malta (Valletta) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Malta (Valletta) Cruise Port Review
  • Mykonos
    I did not book a tour for Mykonos. Fortunately our ship was able to dock at the port. This was one of my favorite locations to visit. I loved walking around its narrow marble streets and admiring whitewashed houses with colorful doors and window frames. Also visited the windmills, "Little Venice" , and shops. I ate a memorable juicy baklava at Maria's Restaurant.

An added bonus was that there was a film crew from Austria that I kept running into and they had a few local musicians with them performing little concerts.
    View All 963 Mykonos Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Mykonos Cruise Port Review
  • Taormina (Messina)
    This was actually a large bus full of people not a small group. Taormina is a lovely town with great views of the coast. Things to see: Greek theater, Medieval Quarter with narrow streets and nice shops. Not enough free time to eat lunch but I did buy a cannoli that I was able to eat later on the ship. It was delicious.
    View All 10,399 Taormina (Messina) Cruise Port Reviews