3. Norwegian Epic
Overall this was a fantastic trip. All of the ports were awesome with embarkation and disembarkation really smooth with the exception of Naples. Getting back onboard was a chore. The ship itself was awesome. I’ve cruised in the past and I often found myself with nothing to do, or entertainment that wasn’t entirely entertaining. Not the case with the Epic. The shows were fantastic and the dining options were endless. I traveled with a large group and there were plenty of options for us to get together as a group for dinner or a show. The only thing that wasn’t 100% was the quality of the rooms. The ship is a little bit older and the wear and tear was pretty apparent in some places. There were a few spots throughout where it looked like a quick fix was in place, but it was nothing that would have turned me away from sailing on the Epic, or any Norwegian ship in the future.

Epic Journey

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by jgriffin5130

jgriffin5130’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Studio
Cabin T1 12520
The studio rooms were great. They were a perfect size, and had a nice design to them. The losing doors that covered the closet were a big miss for me however. My room was completely missing doors, with the track covered by white duct tape to match the walls. I had family members that were also in studio rooms and two of them were missing one of the doors, and the other had the door get stuck while it was slid open, blocking the sink area until maintenance came to fix it. The rooms were just fine without the doors, so they should probably just go without them in all the studio rooms. Aside from that though, I loved everything about the rooms. Specifically, the lighting was awesome.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    The tender process was definitely a miss. We booked a specific time to tender and after that delays, it was about two hours later that we finally got to shore. The city was beautiful and I really enjoyed touring around the beaches and the city, however it’s nearly impossible to see that and the Monte Carlo option in the time frames that you’re in port.
    View All 26 City Tour Reviews
  • Leaning Tower of Pisa
    Definitely book ahead of time so that you can maximize your time seeing everything, rather than standing in line.
    View All 123 Leaning Tower of Pisa Reviews
  • Pompeii Walking Tour
    Totally awesome place to see. It rained while I was there but I didn’t even mind, I was totally lost in the history. There is also a great pizza place across the street from the main entrance.
    View All 419 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    Palma was so beautiful and there was so much history. I definitely want to go back to spend more time exploring all the streets and castles.
    View All 58 City Tour Reviews
  • Colosseum
    SOOO much to see at the Vatican. Definitely should go with a guide so that you can see as much as possible and skip the line.
    View All 169 Colosseum Reviews
  • Vatican Museums
    There were so many people it was a little overwhelming. You should definitely have a guide so you can get through as much as possible in the short amount of time that you have.
    View All 122 Vatican Museums Reviews