3. Norwegian Escape
I went on this cruise through a "Casinos at Sea" promotion. It was the first time I've ever been on a cruise and I was unsure what to expect. Honestly, the experience was amazing! Mandy Jones, our Cruise Director, is so full of energy and enthusiasm it's contagious! She remembered my name every time we saw each other throughout the cruise. It meant a lot to me, particularly when I'm not the type of person to call attention to myself or complain or anything. Honestly, I can say the same for the rest of the staff too. Everyone was so incredibly helpful and for those who went above and beyond I was sure to tip, which they appreciated. I went on the cruise with my mom and grandmother, and thankfully we were allowed to embark early as she needed additional time. While my grandmother stayed in the casino most of the time, I took part in many of the LONG list of activities going on each day, detailed in "The Daily," a daily newsletter with important announcements and the schedule for that day. I had originally chosen this specific cruise because I wanted to avoid cruises with too many stops so I wouldn't need to worry about a schedule, and yet I found myself with "The Daily" in my back pocket every day so I always knew what was going on for the day! Activities that were particularly memorable included Deal or No Deal!, Dancing with the Stars (starring members of the crew -- could not stop laughing at this one), Mr. Sexy Legs starring cruise volunteers (a dance/strip show competition that was hilarious), and of course the dance parties every night. There really were activities for all ages. I stayed in an inside stateroom and it was a little small at first, but then I got used to it -- and anyway, with so many activities you won't spend much time in your stateroom anyway. The closet held all of my clothes comfortably and the bathroom was a decent size - the shower could have been slightly larger but it was functional.

Great experience for a first-time cruiser!

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by cruises_FTW