3. Viking Orion
We chose it because of Viking’s reputation. Also we really wanted to visit the countries on this trip. I learned quickly that all staff were eager to please. We had an awesome steward and housekeeping person. The cabin was small but well appointed. The beds were delightful, and the bathroom shower and sink worked well. The included tours were a bit variable, some were great at giving you a taste of the local flavor, while others seemed to be focused on dropping people off to shop in select areas. A visit to a Tuscan farm/winery was one of my favorites. All the travelers onboard were so nice. Food was excellent overall. I have several dietary restrictions which they accommodated without a glitch. We took the silver spirit package which was worth the cost to have many selections. Entertainment was fabulous. My favorite was Dancing Under The Stars, but everything we attended was excellent. It seemed that the band could play every genre possible. Now for the negative. My husband bought me a ring during a jewelers event. The paperwork identifies Harding Retail (main jeweler on cruise lines) as the seller. The problem is, I was not informed sufficiently about getting the VAT returned. This was over $1,000 US. Harding retail will not pick up the phone or return a call to see how a return of the VAT can be made. Viking has indicated that this is not something they could help with, and I find this disturbing since the jeweler was allowed to operate on their ship. My husband and I had booked another trip with Viking, but we are having doubts about following through with this plan. I invite Harding Retail and/or Viking to respond and resolve this problem. I will gladly post a retraction if either finally solve the problem.

Wonderful Trip But Skip Onboard Harding Jewelers

Viking Orion Cruise Review by Lgrslp

Lgrslp’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Orion price drops

Small but very comfortable, super bed and amenities. No problems with the shower or sink. The bed and bedding was very comfortable and we had a lovely balcony to sit on at sunset.