3. Adventure of the Seas
I'd chosen this cruise for our 41st wedding anniversary and planned it 10 months in advance. Everything was paid for, but I was still worried about hubby's mobility issues. Fortunately, RC gave me information on the vendor they use to rent electric scooter or wheelchairs. Hubby, however, refused. RC put us in a spacious, handicapped-accessible inside cabin near the elevator. Everyone from the boarding person and room housekeeper were very helpful and efficient. Dinner that first night on-board was great, as were the four other people we dined with. The food, and I'm a very picky eater, was very good - especially the creme broullie for dessert. But the first morning of the actual cruise, hubby's hand swelled up like a claw. The ship's clinic took basic blood tests and xray, put him on an antiobiotic drip, gave him pain meds, and then released him. The RC nurse phoned us to make sure he was feeling better. The pain killers weren't working. When we docked in Bar Harbor, Maine, RC's ship clinic doctor made arrangements for us to disembark and get driven to the Mt. Desert Island Hospital -- quite a scary name, right? But it turned out to be a real life saver. After doing an ultrasound, though, the hospital's orthopedic doc told us we could not return to the ship because we still lacked a diagnosis. The client care staff on board RC packed our suitcases and had their wonderful liason, Captain Ron, get me settled in the hotel across the street from the hospital. He was truly such a Godsend. The hotel had no available rooms left, so they gave me a suite at the same price. After a couple of days in the hospital and a diagnosis that hubby had experienced an adverse reaction to the Eloquist blood-thinner he was taking, we were back on our feet. Did I mention I also wound up in ER for stress-related causes? THANK GOODNESS WE HAD TRAVEL INSURANCE THROUGH TRAVEL GUARD FOR BOTH THE CRUISE, FLIGHTS, AND LODGING! That's another story.

Cruise Gone Crazy!

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Mystery Author

Mystery Author’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 1V
Spacious and handicapped-accessible. Lots of drawers. Small closet. Lovely bathroom.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins