Disney Fantasy Cruise Review

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by tangely

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

My husband and I went on this cruise for our anniversary. I think my title says it all. The food was fantastic, the rooms were soooo clean!!!!! The entire cruise ship is cleaner than anything that you could imagine. If you like steaks, they were our whole tables favorite. You go from dining room to dining room and your staff follow you from room to room. If I had anything the least bit negative to say it would be the the Animators dining room. It wasn't that the food wasn't delicious, it was the noise level, very Loud. We are grandparents and went on this vacation together, no kids. There is an adult pool that isn't very big, but when you go in it is wonderful. deck 12 and 13 are for us adults, but you can still go down to the kids pool if you would like to. Also, movies running all the time, are quite nice too! We love children, but in that dining room, the noise just seemed to amplify. Like I said the food was still wonderful. On the cruise you can do as much as you want or as little. It's all up to you. I enjoyed all of the ports, but our favorite thing was Jamaica, we went on a river ride, on a bamboo raft. It was the most beautiful experience. Our guide was wonderful. The shows that they provide are so wonderful, just something you need to see. We didn't go to the magician night show. Only the shows put on by the ships crew. I could go on and on. It takes a lot to make my husband say he enjoyed something, and he said it was our best vacation ever! If you knew him, you would know this is a wonderful complement!!!! We also had a veranda, for us this wasn't a waste, it was much appreciated to wind down at night time.

tangely's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 04B 10530

our cabin was wonderful. We did have a veranda, I haven't been on any other cruise line, this was my second disney cruise. It's a good size, and with the veranda it was plenty big enough for the two of us. The toilet itself is small. But we had the bathroom with a sink and then the shower with a sink. This worked well for us. The last time I sailed was close to 20 years ago, our youngest son went and the room was about the same, it was fine for the three of us at that time.

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Very clean but very crowded. I will say it was organized!!

Best of Cozumel

We went on a horse and buggy ride that lasted just over an hour. It was a wonderful experience and we learned a lot. I think that children would enjoy it also.

View All 121 Best of Cozumel Reviews
Hell

We went on an island tour, it included going to Hell, which isn't anything special but it was worth the stop. We first stopped at a dolphin discovery, then free rum and rumcake testing and then went to hell last.

Island Tour

I really listed everything in the above paragraph. I believe it cost 30.00 and we went with two other couples, but well worth the money. Got to see a lot for very little money!!

View All 209 Island Tour Reviews
Rum Cake Factory

Between the coconut rum and coconut rum cake it was yummy.... They gave us both a few samples, and samples of the different cakes. We ended up buying two cakes. We were told you couldn't take hard alcohol back on the ship but later found you can, but they take it and give it back before you leave.

View All 70 Rum Cake Factory Reviews
Bamboo Rafting

This was my husbands and my favorite place, we went on this bamboo river cruise, just over an hour. another very reasonable and awesome experience. After we got back we went out in Jamaica and got jerk chicken. It was a couple of blocks from the cruise ship but authentic, for two jerk chicken dinners and two huge drinks it wasn't even 20.00 with tip!!

View All 30 Bamboo Rafting Reviews
Castaway Cay

We went to the adult only beach. It was wonderful. We had a stingray come within inches of us. You can see the bottom of the water clearly. We also saw a star fish and just regular fish all around us. We did not snorkel. They were just there. If I had a complaint, we couldn't get a hammock. They were completely gone. I wish they would have had more. There were plenty of chairs under the umbrellas and it was very tranquil. It's beautiful and worth getting off the ship. They had a bbq, but I would suggest going back on the ship to eat!!

tangely