• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

MSC Meraviglia Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

An impersonal crystal studded cattle truck

Review for MSC Meraviglia to the Mediterranean
Tracy Heath
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2018
Cabin: Aurea Balcony Stateroom

We chose this for our honeymoon. Our group includes our 80 year old mothers. I’m struck by the sheer overcrowded, impersonal, iPad and upsell-driven process we are a part of. Food areas and common areas are ridiculously overcrowded, no seating available and long queues for lukewarm and very ordinary food-we cruise a lot, this is way below par on many levels. The ship itself is impressive, and I’m sure few would deny this, the experience though is far from relaxing. Cabins small, we have a balcony cabin with the Aurea package, TV impossible to see from the bed, we have no sofa, nor mirror in our cabin (bar the bathroom). I believe we have seen our cabin attendant once. We found that the staff are undertrained in general, they work too many hours and are tired and overstretched as they have traded opulence of ship and taken away any form of personal experience, just doesn’t feel special in any way and it’s a fight to get service-I requested a tray to carry food to my mother who is disabled, and was told to make several trips with plates instead, each time fighting my way back through infeasible crowds. Not a patch on other similar priced cruise experiences I’ve had.

Aurea Balcony Stateroom

Cabin B3

Our cabin appears to be for wheelchair users, which would work were those our needs, but they are not, so, not geared towards our comfort really and sacrifices amenities for access, which isn’t relevant to us. No mirror or sofa, little storage, shower with chair in it...

Find an MSC Meraviglia Cruise from $229