3. Wind Surf
I chose this cruise because it worked with my schedule and I got a great price on it. I have cruised multiple times on both oceans and rivers, but this was the smallest ocean ship I have ever sailed on. I was a bit nervous about the size and the possibility of waves, but it was smooth sailing the whole time. From the time we embarked until the time we disembarked, the staff did everything in their power to make our cruise great. They learned our names, drink preferences, etc. They were receptive to checking inventory for beer I asked for that was not immediately available. They room steward answered promptly when called. Cannot say enough about the great service and the bright, smiling faces of the crew. The ports of call were very interesting. I had been to Lisbon and Barcelona before, so we did not do any exploring there. Tangier, Malaga, Cartagena, Tarragona, Almeria, and Ibiza were very interesting. I did not expect the weather to be as hot as it was and consequently we could have packed extra clothes this time and would have used them. I had to wash in my sink a couple of times. The shore excursions we took from Wind Star were pretty good for the most part, but I do believe that they are rather pricey. I was able to book some private ones of my own for much less money. The food was very good. The menu could have had some other non-beef or fish options but I managed to find things to eat. The nightlife was okay - we were tired from all the walking and the heat so we didn't need anything too strenuous. The highlight was the Crew Talent show. What an amazing and talented bunch of employees the Wind Surf has.

Wonderful service and interesting ports of call

Wind Surf Cruise Review by tribbs1

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom

tribbs1’s Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin BX 112
The cabin obviously needs some renovation. The bathroom had hair/dirt on the floor when we checked in, but it wasn't too bad. The drawers in the desk stuck a lot and were hard to open. It is an old ship that needs a little TLC.
Deck 1 Outside Cabins