Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Notakid

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Family Balcony Stateroom

First cruise and came back fat and bored. There must be no greater hell on earth than to be offered all the food and drink imaginable but be sick of the sight of it. There was nothing to do but eat and drink.

You couldn't kick back and relax ; there were too many people and even though the majority were lovely and friendly we were all in the same boat (forgive the pun) all wanted desperately to visit the ports and experience something more than towel folding demonstrations and fruit carving. I will treasure the memories I've been trapped on a docked ship with a closed shop and casino. That was half of the entertainment.

The food was of a good quality but mainly bland. We were very disappointed with the noodle bar. The chicken wings at OSheegans are wonderful but even they pale after a while. It is not relaxing to have to queue to eat and carry round a pager or hunt for seating so you have a drink. I wanted to visit places not sit on a cruise ship viewing bad art. Which incidentally took a large part of the ship that could have utilised more seating.

The rock bar was great and it's a shame that we hate Rock of Ages I sat through it and remembered why i we loathed it when we saw it in London a few years ago.

All the staff were lovely I haven't a bad word to say about any of them. They work very hard.

But it seems that the Cruise is an exercise in upselling. For any enjoyment you had to pay extra be it nicer food Bingo or internet. If i ever see another Russian Doll ill scream. And the ice Bar is just a huge fridge for 20 dollars each.

The excursions are terribly overpriced. And insult to injury at the end of the cruise we were dumped at the airport SIX HOURS before our flight home.

Thinking of the money this cruise cost me we could have visited all the countries included our visas to Russia and included a visit to Moscow. We are independent travellers normally and i think we will continue planning our own itineraries.

I also lost my phone charger and was surprised that the ship shop did not sell necessities. I guess they think that you can shop at the ports it's just a shame we never could.

I realise that the cruise ship can not control the weather but as it has been mentioned the cruise ship knew of the changes days before we arrived. This cruise if the weather is kind would be amazing. Sadly for us it was a disappointment.

Notakid's Full Rating Summary