3. Regal Princess
Transatlantic cruises (also called repositioning cruises) are usually a great bargain and this one was no exception. We booked a mini-suite mid ship, B326, that was quiet and comfortable. The ship left Copenhagen on time and sailed with stops in Denmark, Norway, Scotland, and Ireland before heading out to the the north Atlantic for Canada and NY. The food was very good, the entertainment was exceptional and the staff excellent. I can't say enough about Captain Tim Stringer who made his rounds around the ship stopping to talk to everyone who may have had a question. There were a few problems, lost power while in port in Dublin, a medical emergency and ruff seas but he kept us informed in every instant. My only complaint and not the ship's problem, was with a cold and windy crossing, nobody in their right mind would venture out to sit poolside or on the outdoor decks. This made the inside venues extremely crowded with 3500 people looking for places to relax. Would I do another crossing?, I'd say yes but not late or early in the year, but since most crossing are late or early it's very unlikely that I will. One quick note, dinning in the dinning rooms always has a limited menu so check the menu postings before you decide where to dine. Often Lido dinning will serve some of the same items and with additional choices.

Transatlantic