3. Carnival Pride
Hi,

Been on quite a few cruises from 4 different lines, think this was my 4th Carnival cruise, first on Pride. We chose Pride because of port of embarkation was close enough to home to be able to afford airfare for 5.

It wasn't the greatest cruise I've been on and a lot of that had to do with the weather, i expected it to be cold the first day or so but we hit high winds from Monday right through to Thursday and it was fairly cold as well right into the Bahamas. Very few ever got on deck to lounge in the sun unless you were in the solarium section which was pretty much booked up with people/kids at 9:00, which was fine. weather wise, the trip was not a good one for me, we're a lounge around on deck soaking up the sun kind of people and we just didn't have that until the very last day of the cruise. ALL other days were too windy and cold to sit out and relax in the sun. Even the folks in the Bahamas were wearing coats.

the ship, the ship was fine, didn't care for the Renaissance theme of the ship but not a big deal. the activities that we engaged in were what i expected and were fine, not as good as our last cruise on RCCL shows but still OK.

the food on the Lido for breakfast really did suck. the same thing every day not that great tasting, breakfast meats seemed undercooked, toast was un-toasted, it really was just a lame breakfast experience each day. one morning we had breakfast in the dining room and that was no better. the employees, to me, seemed pretty miserable and again, to me, most seemed put out if you asked them just about anything. i more observed that than experienced it. you see the looks on their faces and responses given.

dining room food was pretty good but the service was really lacking and that i can say was our wait staff, our guys were just slow as could be. I'd watch tables next to us with different waiters and they'd all have the apps at the same time, all get meals at the same time..etc. we'd get one appetizer for one person and the 4 others would wait minutes for them to come. your meal would come but if you didn't remember to ask right then and there for sour cream or gravy or whatever it was you waited a long time to get it. my son isn't much of a meat eater so when he does he drowns it in sauce, each night we ate in the dining room he had to wait many minutes after asking for 'more sauce' until it came, his meal was always cold. I can't say it was too many tables as the waiters around us had just as many just our two guys were really slacking or maybe so new they were the bottom of the food line..i don't know. we only ate 3 times using our waiters due to this. we ate in Davids twice, which you pay extra for but well worth it. and the other times we ate at Lido and the lame poor there. so, all in all, the Lido food sucked most of the time, too many different lines for different things, the attitudes of the servers was poor and the taste of the food was just not that great, of all my cruises this ship had the worst food and service yet.

Dining room, food was really good, service was really slow, too slow.

bars were fine and servers were good.

rooms (had two) were fine, no problems, wasn't the best steward we've ever had but he was OK.

Lastly, the elevators were supreme! you often wait and wait and wait for an elevator to arrive and then it slowly rambles up and down. not the case here, these elevators fly and there are plenty of them. very good feature which i'm sure many past cruisers understand what I'm talking about.

Pride was Cold!

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by aloiii

• Sail Date: January 2010
  • Destination: Bahamas
Hi,

Dining room, food was really good, service was really slow, too slow.

bars were fine and servers were good.

aloiii’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 16+

we selected the lowest rate which put us on deck 1, first time that low on a ship and I thought it was great, most public areas were only floor or two above and we very quickly accessed them.
  Carnival Pride Deck Plans