3. Carnival Victory
I had a really nice time on the Carnival Victory. The ship is in really nice condition, and the staff and food were exceptional. I flew into Miami the night before my cruise. Embarkation was probably the quickest and easiest I've had so far. I arrived right at my arrival appointment, and never stopped in a line until I was getting my first drink at the bar. The ship is nice, though it took me a little time to acclimate to the layout, e.g. when going Aft from Deck 3 Fwd, you have to go up to Deck 5 and over to Aft because the two dining rooms and galley are right in the middle. But once I got used to that, I was good to go. The pool areas were nice; a decent amount of loungers, but I wouldn't have minded a bit more shade. I stayed in an 8C Balcony cabin. It was really nice and pretty spacious. There was a decent amount of storage. The ONLY thing I wasn't a fan of was the safe - it was the kind you need to swipe a credit card to lock. I wanted to put my credit card IN the safe LOL! The balcony itself was nice and I enjoyed sitting out there each day. Food throughout the cruise was very good. I really enjoyed the Blue Iguana Cantina. The only day I encountered crazy lines at the Lido buffet was embarkation. Otherwise, it wasn't too bad. Dinner in the MDR (Pacific) was good as always. Honestly, Carnival always excels in the food. This was my first solo cruise, and I was seated with a few other solos, and it was nice to come to dinner each night and chat about our days. I enjoyed the evening/night life on the ship. The piano bar was a lot of fun, and the Alchemy Bar is a neat concept. The shows are a little cheesy, but that's part of the charm. The staff on the ship throughout were top notch from the dining room to the bars to the "fun squad." Felipe is a really fun cruise director (woo hoo). This cruise stopped at Half Moon Cay and Nassau. HMC is one of Carnival Corp's private islands in the Bahamas and it is PHENOMENAL. Honestly, I could spend a week there and not get tired of it. The tendering process was quick and easy for me. Nassau is Nassau and it was fine; I didn't take an excursion this time and just enjoyed a quiet/empty ship. Disembarkation at the end was a zoo. There were a couple of "stops" so CBP lines could clear and it made the process/wait tedious. I don't know if it's always this way, or if it was an anomaly on this trip. Overall, I really enjoyed myself and would definitely go on this ship again. 10/10

Really enjoyable short cruise