3. Carnival Vista
We were scheduled to cruise with our grown children in December but had to change it. I then saw that the Vista was coming to Galveston and knew this was our chance. I snagged a Havana Cabana at the last minute. Loved the ship. It rained--A LOT!! I chose to cruise during hurricane season. Loved how we could take the "balcony" to the pool area and then come back the same way. My husband and I took advantage of that perk on our sea days! JiJi's was amazing--loved the chicken soup and Kung Pao Chicken. Steakhouse--great as always--try the Art at the Table for a show (not for the food) Havana Bar and area are open to all after 7:00 at night. Melony and Laura were great. Guy's Pig & Anchor--pork buts was really good--brisket okay (we are from Texas)--sides were yummy Chris (The Flying Scotsman) was CD and was everywhere.

Great ship--lots to do.

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by txmom11

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Havana Cabana (Balcony)

JiJi's was amazing--loved the chicken soup and Kung Pao Chicken.

Chris (The Flying Scotsman) was CD and was everywhere.
txmom11’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Havana Cabana (Balcony)
Cabin HE 5201
We were concerned before the cruise because this cabin is right behind a bar and right off the Ocean Plaza where they have music and dancing well into the night. I was worried for nothing. The cabin was super quiet. Once we heard what sounded like a drill but was actually a blender. It is centrally located and easy to get to everything. By the way, not a lot of storage on this ship.
Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Catamaran tour
    We chose the Passion Island by Powered Catamaran. It was okay but several times the guides stopped us and had us stay in a group while they asked for tips (10-15 minutes). The water was cloudy--not that anyone could avoid it. Should have gone to Nachi Cocom.
    View All 122 Catamaran tour Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Took the Jolly Roger Snorkeling excursion and had a blast! Great water, healthy reef, and lots of fish (and rum punch afterwards)!
    View All 288 Snorkeling Reviews