3. Carnival Pride
Carvinal Pride Review 9/23-9/30 Grand Turk - Half Moon Cay - Freeport My Husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding Anniversary with a cruise from Baltimore on the Carnival Pride. We are first time cruisers and liked the convenience of a local port within a few hours drive of our home. Our son who is three and a half also cruised with us. After researching cruise lines, itineraries and ports we felt the Pride would best suit our needs for some family fun in the sun! As for our review it’s from a young family’s perspective and first time cruisers trying to learn the ropes. Although we saw most of the venues onboard we did not go into more of the adult themed areas like Serenity, some specialty bars, specialty dining, night clubs, ect. We learned the great fact about cruising is it’s what you want to make of it. You can do very little or have an activity almost any time of the day or night. To some this review will feel like we did very little, but it’s what we chose :) Our family had a blast. Port of Baltimore: It’s very convenient to get to and embarkation and debarkation moved quickly. The Pride: We found it to be a beautiful ship. The theme may feel dark and heavy to some guests, but I personally did not find her run down as some reviews had stated. Carnival Hub App: I highly recommend. Download at home and log in once on board. It accesses the ships wifi to give you tons of info while on board. You need not buy an internet package to use the app. Very handy to track S&S expenses, access the weather, see what’s open and what’s going on! Dining: There were so many choices! I can’t say anything I ate was terrible, some dishes were better than others. We had ATD and ate all dinners in the MDR. There was always a line regardless of what time we headed up to dine. It was fairly long most nights but always moved quickly. We were given a pager the first elegant night but our wait was under 15 minutes. Great meal selections in the MDR and desserts were nice as well. I especially enjoyed the tiramisu, wish it were a staple on the dessert menu. Lunch on the Lido has a lot of variety. We tried everything. Guy’s Burgers and BlueIguana are very good. My son really enjoyed selections from Chopsticks. My husband and I enjoyed the deli quite often for a nice MTO sandwich and the truffle fries are great! There is usually a short wait at the Deli as they prepare your sandwiches as your order. Pizza Pirate and the remainder of the buffet filled every gap in between. The 24HR soft serve ice cream was a big hit with our son, and we stopped there numerous times (a day)! Breakfast selections on the Lido were our go to. We did Sea Day Brunch once, it was also very good. Drinks: I found the ship’s drinking water to be very palatable. We had ordered a 12 pack of bottled water for our cabin and used the majority of that for taking along on port days. I packed insulated drinking tumblers for each of us. We would ice them up in the Lido and fill with soda which we carried on. They worked out great! Ship coffee on the Lido was strong, but we enjoyed it. The hot chocolate is very good! Mixes well with the coffee for a mocha style beverage. Specialty coffee was also good, especially paired with a cookie! We do not drink beer but all the mixed drinks we had were strong and delicious. I especially liked an extra dirty vodka martini, tiramisu martini, and hurricane wave. Pools & Waterslides: We enjoyed lounging around the pools and they are refreshing for a quick dip. Not a hot tub fan so I never ventured in there. Waterslides and kid’s splash area were never too busy when we visited. I did not witness many “chair hogs” in the pool area as some reviews have stated. Most mornings around the pool decks there were only a handful of towels out on chairs around 7:30AM. We were usually to the pools by 9AM and were able to find loungers around the Venus pool but preferred the Apollo pool as it wasn’t so loud or full. Ports: We enjoyed all three port stops on our stay, even Freeport which always gets a bad rap. Grand Turk was great! We were first ship in port. Be prepared for the locals to be persistent while you are walking on the beach. We politely declined them and walked down to Jack’s Shack. Very nice area of beach and great drinks! Margaritaville looked very busy, we just walked by. We also stopped at the Beached Whale. Beach is rocky there with a small swimming area, but the clamshells are free and it’s very quiet. Great spot for photos! HMC is spectacular. Most amazing water and sand I’ve ever seen. We spent all day lounging in water. Wait staff walk through the loungers taking orders. Ship photogs on site for pro photos. Island BBQ lunch was good. Buffet lines moved quickly and seating was ample. Wish we had a few days there, we hated to leave :) Freeport is industrial. Nothing to do directly off ship except the market. Booked excursion through Carnival for “beach at your leisure”. $19.99 PP no charge for our son. Roundtrip transport to a private beach club for just under 2 hours of sand and sun. Club was cute, water was rougher than GT or HMC. Drinks were tasty but we did not eat there. Fun time for a short stop. Glad we booked it! Entertainment: The list seemed endless, something for everyone indeed! Shopping: Nothing onboard “spoke” to me, but there were all kinds of stuff to browse. From perfume to purses, jewelry and trinkets, discounted booze and cigs in duty free. I did pick up local rum in GT for Christmas presents. Staff: All the staff we encountered on board was hardworking and attentive. They were super friendly and diligent about their jobs! Guests: Everyone we encountered was friendly and talkative. We met people local to our home area and some as far away as Alaska! I did not witness any unruly or bad behavior. Weather: We left the rain in Baltimore and it cleared by our first day at sea. We did hit bad sea conditions the afternoon and evening of our second full day at sea. The Atlantic can be unpredictable in the fall and she showed us her might with 99MPH winds. We had fantastic weather on our port days! A passing shower and light winds on the return trip.

10th Anniversary Celebration & First Time Cruisers!

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by missallyn

Carvinal Pride Review 9/23-9/30 Grand Turk - Half Moon Cay - Freeport

Entertainment: The list seemed endless, something for everyone indeed!

missallyn’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Interior
Cabin 4A 1185
Cabin: Riviera Mid Interior, which our family of 3 was very comfortable in. Room was very clean. We loved our cabin Steward Ketut. He was amazing! Always checking on us to see if we required anything in addition to twice daily service. Air condition worked great. Fridge was cold. Ample closet storage. Water pressure was great and the corner shower was surprisingly roomy.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Beach
    $19.99 PP our son traveled free of charge. Round trip transfer to beach club. Only had about an hour and a half on the beach but it was worth it!