3. Harmony of the Seas
Just a few thoughts re. traveling on this ship with 4 kids -- ages 12 to 4. We stayed in the ultra spacious family suite, room 11528. We loved it, it was really spacious. It had bunk beds behind a curtain, a couch that had a trundle, and a king size bed. Also, a walk in closet that was so nice. The kids loved to sit in the porthole windows. A few tips that worked for us: we loved the specialty dining restaurants Jamie Oliver's Italian, Chops, Izumi Hibachi, and Chops. We enjoyed the food much better there than the regular dining room. We brought the kids everywhere. We had the 3 night dining package, which was great. We brought an iPad for the kids to watch during dinner. We brought water bottles to fill up and never needed them. We didn't book an excursion on 1 day at port and wish we had because everything is closed on the ship when you're at port -- no flow rider, no slides, no climbing wall, etc. We brought life jackets for our kids to use on excursions and are really glad we did. Especially for Labadee. We brought snacks for our room and didn't really need them. I ended up giving them to a nice local Haitian woman in Labadee. I wish I brought more food for the Haitian people. I gave them whatever I had (beef jerky, granola bars, applesauce) and they were so grateful for everything. I wish I had more cash to buy their goods as well. You can't get into your stateroom until 1pm, so there really is no need to get to the ship before then. The Windjammer restaurant is PACKED and most slides, etc. aren't open yet. There's a shampoo dispenser in the shower, but no other toiletries. The hair dryer was sufficient -- you have to hold down the button to make it keep working, but it was fine with our time constraints. The fortresses are definitely within walking distance from the ship on San Juan. No need to book an excursion there. No need to book an excursion on Labadee, either. The Fine Line is a must see. We loved it! The ice skating show was really cool, too. We didn't do any of the kids clubs. I'll post the cruise compass when I have the chance!

Traveling with 4 small kids

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by sarahmckellar

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ultra Spacious Ocean View

We brought water bottles to fill up and never needed them.

There's a shampoo dispenser in the shower, but no other toiletries.

No need to book an excursion on Labadee, either.

We didn't do any of the kids clubs.

I'll post the cruise compass when I have the chance!
sarahmckellar’s Full Rating Summary