3. Azamara Quest
Chose this cruise for the dates, the itinerary and for the nice reviews our friend gave. However, I found the cruise to be lacking in several key areas. First, the ship was old and dated and desperately in need of refurbishment. Second, the food was beyond awful. Other than breakfast, totally inedible, There was to nights that my wife could only eat soup and breadsticks. The specialty restaurants were fine, but they charged EXTRA (not so on Seabourne) and we literally had to beg to get in, as they would NOT allow reservations pre-boarding, and once we boarded, they claimed all booked up. Talk about a Catch-22. Third, the cabin was disgusting. there was an old and moldy shower curtain that, because the shower was so small, was constantly touchy our bodies. (photos on request). Talk about a dirty feeling! For the SAME price of a Seabourne cruise, this vacation was sorely lacking. Avoid this cruise line and spend your money elsewhere.

Worst cruise line for the money

Azamara Quest Cruise Review by hgerstein

BBMacLaird, CBO - Azamara Club Cruises has responded
Dear hgerstein, We are very sorry you were so unhappy with your time aboard. I hope you spoke with the Hotel Director and/or the Food & Beverage Manager about your disappointment; our staff is always willing to prepare special dishes that meet your needs. I see you're comparing Azamara with Seabourn, which I will take as a compliment since Azamara is not all-inclusive, nor categorized in the luxury segment. We are, I'd say, high-deluxe. Therein lies the problem as I see it...you arrived onboard with expectations that were not met. I personally believe unmet expectations are the biggest disappointments in life, and perhaps especially on a long-anticipated vacation. And while I sense it is unlikely, should you wish to give us a second-chance, we would welcome the chance to serve you again. Best regards, Bonnie
hgerstein’s Full Rating Summary