Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by ReeD1
- Sail Date: February 2010
- Destination: Southern Caribbean
A few comments about things that could be improved:
1. We felt the service was lacking in the Windjammer Cafe - sometimes it was difficult to find a server to place a drink order or ask for assistance.
2. The photo shop could have better hours. We wanted to take a formal picture after the main seating in the dining room, but they stopped taking pictures from 6:30 - 7:30. On the last night, my photos that I had ordered from the kiosk at 8:30 that morning weren't ready until 10pm.
3. Why have us wait in line for 20 minutes for ice show tickets when the audience was 3/4 empty for the show we went to (Thursday, 5pm)? The show was wonderful, but fyi, no one ever even asked to see our tickets!
4. Disembarkation on the last day was a mess! We had to report to the Lyric Theater at 9:10. They actually asked us to be there 15 minutes early. They didn't call our group (Gray, 1) until 9:50. That is a long time to wait around, with no one telling us anything. There must be a better way to handle luggage - it was supposed to be grouped by color and number, but all gray tags - groups 1 and 2 - were in one giant pile. And there's no security - no one checks to make sure that you are leaving with the right bags!
Despite these small concerns, I would still say we had a great vacation, and we would cruise with Royal Caribbean again.
- Read more Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas Review
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
AntiguaWhat a beautiful beach! We asked a taxi driver to take us to a local beach. We went in a cab with several other couples. He dropped us off at Fort James beach. The water was clear and clean, the sand was white, and again we could play, walk, swim, and relax. There was a restaurant, some booths set up with souvenirs for sale, and even someone offering horseback rides on the beach. We set a time for the cabbie to return, and he did. We shopped a little and mailed some postcards from the local post office.View All 1,546 Antigua Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Antigua Cruise Port Review
BarbadosWe went to a small beach about 10 minutes from the port and spent the morning playing in the sand, searing for shells and sea glass, and walking on the beach. There was a little bar/outdoor restaurant and a place to rent a chair and umbrella. What a relaxing morning!View All 1,520 Barbados Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Barbados Cruise Port Review
St. CroixWe only left the ship for an hour or so. I read some not so nice things about St. Croix before the trip, so we decided to just get off the ship for a while, walk around a bit, and then we went back to enjoy our last full day aboard the Adventure of the Seas.View All 420 St. Croix Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's St. Croix Cruise Port Review
St. LuciaWe walked into town, walked around a bit, and shopped in the open air market. Again, we were back on the ship by lunchtime.View All 1,387 St. Lucia Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's St. Lucia Cruise Port Review
St. MaartenWe shopped...what else...that is what St. Marteen is known for! :-) The water taxi ($6 for the day - unlimited rides) was a great deal. Scenic and practical. We went back to the ship for lunch, and then returned to the main shopping strip. We walked on the boardwalk by the beach, had a snack, and enjoyed the views.View All 4,728 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's St. Maarten Cruise Port Review