3. Carnival Fantasy
Family of 4, kids aged 11 and 7. This was Fall break and this was my 12th Cruise, 5th on carnival. First, I love the Fantasy class of ships. They are small and have little outdoor areas a lot of the big ships have gone away from. They have a classic look and feel. Fantasy is showing her 27 years, but is well maintained and the crew seems to be in good spirits. Several remembered my name despite only visiting their location only a couple times. Embarkation in Mobile was hands down the most easy and smooth process of any cruise I’ve been on. Literally dropped luggage, parked, went thru security and on ship in 25 minutes. Carnival upgraded the fantasy class ships a couple years ago adding Guys burger joint and Blue Iguana cantina. Great burgers and great tacos/burritos and breakfast options as well at Blue Iguana. We had an interior cabin with 2 bunks that dropped from the wall and a king for us. Interior cabins are great for the afternoon nap as it’s dark and how much time will you be in cabin when you have 2 kids with you?! (Camp ocean :)) Our cabin steward introduced himself on the first night and we never saw him again. He always cleaned and turned down beds in the mornings..that’s fine except they rooms gets kinda trashed during the day for changing and naps and showers etc...I think too many cabins too few people working.. Dining Room was traditional cruise dining with the noticeably lacking service. We love food and dining and are not picky eaters and understand it’s not a 200 a plate steak house, but water glasses never being refilled. If you didn’t order a glass of wine when you first walked in, you would be lucky to get it by main course. That said, the waitstaff was working their tails off!!! Once again, too many full tables and not enough waitstaff!! Meals were decent, dessert was meh...all in all we had good food. No lobster on 5 day cruise ( unless you paid surcharge) escargots tho were excellent! Common denominator was too many cabins and tables not enough cabin stewards or waitstaff. Those are really the only things keeping this cruise from being a 4. Pool was crowded on seas days but we got there early and found shaded seats. Waterworks is awesome and on back of ship. My kids are generally well behaved and were able to go from pool to water slides on their own. They would check in every 20 mins or so and they have cruised many times before so they know the drill. Adults please do the water slides at least once. Great view from the top of the big one!! Our routines were morning gym, then mimosas with Lancelot at the red frog rum bar!!! Yes that’s his real name and he’s the best bartender on the ship!!! Then pools and lunch and relaxing and nap dinner etc...we went mellow this time. No agenda just wanted to relax. You can make cruises very busy and stressful trying to keep up with everything. My advice is to just chill and enjoy yourself. They still allow smoking in the casino, so it filters onto the promenade just FYI when ship is at sea. Get the cheers package if you plan on having more than 5 drinks in the whole day. Hot sun cold beer goes fast I’m telling you...plus you can get kids virgin pina coladas and daiquiris and bottled water all included. Also lattes and good coffee at bistro, and Rockstsr energy drinks. All that is included in cheers so it’s worth it to us. Smaller ship equals less walking and less people. This ship was full as it was fall break, but still felt nothing like a full freedom class or bigger on RCCL, etc or carnival Vista class. Debarkstion was easy too. We self carried and were off the ship and driving by 8:28 am! I would sail out of Mobile again. Carnival would enhance its experience by adding a few more waiters and cabin stewards.

Fantasy, the good and not so good

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by 466aam@gmail.com

They still allow smoking in the casino,

so it filters onto the promenade just FYI when ship is at sea.

466aam@gmail.com’s Full Rating Summary