Silver Spirit Cruise Review

Silver Spirit Cruise Review by tedwinkles

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda Suite

Expensive cruise (cost me 10k with flight) staff never bothered (only waiters giving out drinks all the time)

Partially disabled and ordered wheelchair to board the ship. When I arrived was told none available they had ran out but only a couple of yards to walk or wait 1/2 hour. I walked, Almost 100 yards. Struggled. Passengers asked if I needed help. Staff didn't bother.

Lots of restaurants but charged 60 dollars extra in some. Food varied but always luke warm.

Breakfast in cabin always came wrong. I complained the first time, to no avail.

Even staff when standing next to doors seldom held open for you. Ignorant. The service wasn't as advertised. Packing case/unpacking. Paper on floor after cleaner had come in to clean.

Was fed up with it all. The first night was asked if I wanted to sit with someone. I prefer this but was never asked again. Passengers asked me if I wanted to join them though. Found attention from passengers embarassing- but very thoughful . I'm not one to seek attention.

I didn't think after compllaining to steward I wanted to complain anymore and cause to be be singled out by the staff. I decided to leave after 3 days.

I wrote to Silver seas to ask for plartial refund. 500 dollar onboard credit never spent (couldn't have all been profit) but refused. The cabin was on standby and only booked a couple of weeks before. Cancellation I expect. Silver Spirit did offer 1k on future cruise. This was the last of finances and now on state pension and a bit of disability. Which I did convery to them. So impossible for me a future cruise. This was the cruise of a lifetime for me and the last one. Anyway if free wouldn't go again.

Just a bog standard reply from them I expect./

They really don't care (well, they do when you book) ninutes to answer the phone. Week when you complain. Sign of the times.

tedwinkles's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Veranda Suite
Cabin DV 926

Accommodation good, . Bathroom: large bath and shower.

Cobh (Cork)

I disembarked the ship and flew home. Best part of the journey the taxi to the airport I paid for

tedwinkles