Scenic Amber Cruise Review

Budapest to Amsterdam, 15 days, 3 different ships

Scenic Amber Cruise Review by PK from Canada

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: Europe River

As with Highfler's review (we must have been on the same cruise), we were disappointed with the 2 ship swaps and corresponding bus rides - in particular the 3 1/2 hours on the bus to Cologne was annoying. As noted by Highfler, our bus ride was along the Rhine where we saw the Scenic Opal going upstream in the area where the Scenic Jade wouldn't sail through - puzzling and annoying to say the least.

Scenic Amber was great - staff took an interest in us, food and drink was super

After the ship sway, we went to Scenic Jade. The thing that most stood out for not only my wife and I but our other cruise mates, was the staff. They didn't seem to be as interested in our needs as the Amber crew. Service was average.

Then another ship sway onto the Scenic Ruby. The crew here was super just like the Amber crew.

But the annoying and disappointing issue with the 15 day cruise is the ship swaps - we wanted a cruise where we could unpack, leave our stuff in closets for 14 days and then pack to go home. During these ship swaps, I forgot my converter in my cabin. The bus ride to Cologne was a disappoint as well - we get to Cologne and we have to carry our hand luggage around for the "short" guided tour of the outside of cathedral. Our bus got to Cologne after 11:30am and the tour was finished at noon. Then we had 1 hour of free time to browse (while lugging our hand luggage around). We get back to the bus to take us back and then we were informed that our luggage wasn't at the ship, and we could spend more time in Cologne - at this point, I was frustrated as were all on the bus - just take us to the ship!

PK from Canada's Full Rating Summary

nice cabins but Scenic Ruby a/c in our room wasn't working.

PK from Canada