3. Celebrity Eclipse
This is becoming a habit with us. It was our seventh Eclipse, our second this year, and our 37th cruise. For some reason, probably because, to us anyway, this is the perfect ship. We also cruised on Eclipse this past April. That was a great cruise too but this one was the all-time best. About the only downside we can think of is the long and miserable flights. Coming from Boston the afternoon of the 10th we were transferred to a flight to Paris because of bad weather at JFK. Coming back after the cruise we had to deal wwith 4 international airports and to make it more miserable, this was the day Delta had computer problems. This was definitely not Celebrity's fault but it has given us second thoughts about European cruises. Knowing me, we will certainly change our minds! The crew on this ship has to be the best we've ever cruised with! From the Captain and down on they appear to be very happy, very good natured, and if I could there are a few I wish I could adopt. Nice, happy, helpful people. So many are from Indonesia and we worry about the tsunami and other horrors there. The past few cruises we have taken on Celebrity we were somewhat disappointed with the entertainment but it has been ramped up and we enjoyed the shows. They really need to ditch "Topper" though. It has never been our favorite and from what I see and hear, others agree. The dining room and the dinners were all very good. I suffer from gerd and always found something good to eat. Years ago we met a nice family from England and with just a few exceptions we meet them almost every year and cruise again. We are already booked for 2020 and are searching for another one for 2019. We will find one! The new cruise director is a riot! He is doing a wonderful job! I hope he is around for a long time.

Could not get any better

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by frontdesklady

frontdesklady’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Eclipse price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1B 7229
Our cabin was located on deck 7, mid ship (the bulge) and was ideally located. The cabin attendant was excellent. His name is Edwin.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins