3. Sapphire Princess
We really wanted to see St Petersburg, this cruise fell on a significant birthday, and the price was right, so the Sapphire Princess won. This was a great cruise. The Itinerary was good. Due to poor weather at one port, they changed ports - they kept us informed and the port, Wermunde Germany, was a great jumping off spot for nearby towns - it was an unexpected jewel of a stop. The ship, the ship. Loved the room, loved the staff. Food in the dining room was a little disappointing for a few of the meals, but hey, the price, ship and staff were great. I was being fed and pampered so we can handle the odd meal disappointment. This ship had a lot of activities. The onboard entertainment was some of the best I have experienced (the Princess singers and dancers were great, but their shows were OK - normally I would have said they were great but we were on a Holland America Cruise earlier in the year - another significant birthday, and the shows were out of this world - first time in 15 cruises I was part of a standing ovation for a cruise line singers and dancers show). The house band on this cruise was exceptional. There is a jewel of a pizza cafe on the 5th floor that we absolutely loved. Overall it was a very positive experience. I would highly recommend this ship.

An Overall Great Cruise, and Love the Ship

Mike Lawrence’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sapphire Princess price drops

Oceanview
Cabin OC E522
We have cruised 15 times and this was the BEST floor layout of any cabin, balcony, inside, often oceanview, that we have been in.
Plaza Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins