3. Oasis of the Seas
I read reviews for weeks before our cruise and was a little nervous based on some of the assessments of the condition of the ship and crew. Overall we were very happy with the cruise. Our cabin was in very good condition and the air conditioning worked fine. I think the crew is a little more behind the scenes than on some of the smaller ships that I have been on, but we did not have an bad experiences with the staff. I thought the ship was very clean and saw very few areas that looked worn or in disrepair. We ate all of our dinners in coastal kitchen. The food was very good, but not necessarily significantly better than in the main dining room of other cruises I have taken. Drinks were included which was very nice. The staff in coastal kitchen was great. The ports were all very good (Puerto Rico, St Maarten, and Labadee), but St Maarten was clearly the port that has the longest road to recovery from the hurricane. There were a few downsides that caused me to give 4 rather than 5 stars. They are as follows: 1. Cancelling and timing of shows - I appreciate that Royal Caribbean has innovative shows/entertainment, but the seas weren't very rough during our cruise and many of the shows still had to be cancelled. This would not be too much of a problem on a normal sized ship, but since there are so many people on board the Oasis, if a show is cancelled, many people never get a chance to see it and they can't go to another show because it is fully booked already. I think many people cruise for the food, sun, and entertainment, so it is frustrating when there is not much entertainment available at night. My other complaint is that the shows start too late for families with younger children. On smaller ships, there is usually an early and a late show, but on this ship there is only one option. The only reason we got to see any shows was because they had reschedule so many of them due to cancellations and some of the rescheduled shows were earlier. Unfortunately, the rescheduled shows often got cancelled too. The only reason we got to see a couple of them was because we stayed in a suite and reservations were not required for us. Our 2 year old loved the 2 shows we got to see. 2. Elevator crowding - It seems like almost everyone has had this problem. The elevator wait was sometimes very long and then got hot and crowded. They would often stop at almost every floor, so the ride was too long. 3. Windjammer Buffet - Overall, the food was good, but it had the fewest options of any cruise buffet that I can remember. Also, they only opened one side of the buffet most of the time. The side that they did not open regularly had a very foul smell on one end that I think may be from the carpet. We got seated there once, then purposely avoided that section the rest of the cruise. Everytime I had to walk through the area, the smell was present. 4. This is a minor complaint, but at the end of the cruise there was a Thank You Celebration on the boardwalk that advertised family activities, free candied apples, popcorn, etc. We got there when it started and within 5 minutes they were out of candied apples and within 20 minutes, they were taking down most of the food tables. I just thought it was not much of a thank you to advertise an event that was supposed to last 1 hour (maybe even 1.5 hours, I can't remember) and begin running out of food within 5 minutes. 5. There was a problem with disembarkation. I think it was due to customs, not the cruiseline, but it didn't seem like the staff were making an attempts to let people know what was happening. I heard several people state that waited for 1.5 hours in the heat waiting the disembark. The lines were so long they wrapped around the outside of the ship on the promenade deck. The staff could have let people know what was going on and directed people form a line that did not extend outside into the heat. Despite a few problems, I would consider the Oasis again in the future.

Overall a great cruise on the Oasis

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by lajostcruise

Despite a few problems, I would consider the Oasis again in the future.
lajostcruise’s Full Rating Summary