Emerald Destiny Cruise Review

Noisy ship

Emerald Destiny Cruise Review by Dmbburke

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: Europe River

Although the Emerald Ship was beautiful and the staff and food excellent, the water system is very noisy. It sounded like a bowling ball was rolling across the ceiling of my suite every 15-20 seconds. I spoke with the hotel director and she was aware of the noise issue and told me she had reported it to the company, but nothing ever changes. So if you want a peaceful cruise, don't chose Emerald Waterways. Sleeping beneath a bowling alley was not my idea of a relaxing way to spend my nights on what is billed as a luxury cruise. I will not cruise with Emerald Water ways again. Everything else met my expectations. The ship was clean and well appointed and the staff was friendly and helpful. The shore excursions were well-planned and executed. My main concern is the quality of the sleeping experience, a rather important part of any cruise.

September was a great time to travel and I would encourage others to cruise the Rhine during this time of the year. My advice is to find another cruise line first.

Dmbburke's Full Rating Summary