• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Lynette114
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2018
Cabin: Midship Veranda Suite

We were celebrating a special birthday for my wife. We loved the itinerary and made plans with dear friends for the celebration. Before we reached to first evening at sea the captain announced that we were passing our first port because of stormy weather and proceeding to our second scheduled port. The weather was so severe that day and night that my wife became extremely seasick, was nauseous, vomiting for hours. I was able to get the doctor to our cabin, he gave her an injection, and so went the first full sea day. After we spent the day at Cork the captain again announced a change of destinations wherein we missed the next 3 ports, again severe weather, and instead went to ports we have previously visited on other trips. We then proceeded to Glasgow, again not a scheduled port, to spend the night and next day. Before dinner in Glasgow the captain again announced that because of a severe storm we wound not to to the next 3 ports, but set off to Reykjavik which would entail 36 hours through stormy seas, to which my wife said she could not take that again. We disembarked in Glasgow and I was able to arrange air travel home. How does Silversea Cruise Lines and the captain of the ship account for putting the guests through the danger and discomfort of taking us to sea knowing what lay ahead? Should we not have been advised before embarkation of rough seas and given a chance to cancel our plans? Is money the driving force and more important then the guests comfort and safety?

Midship Veranda Suite

Cabin DV

This ship has seen its best days. Major refurbishing is a must, including plumbing and electrical updating.

6 Helpful Votes