3. Costa Diadema
I am a fun loving over 50 Australian female travelling solo. I chose this cruise as I had a limited time in Europe (3 1/2 weeks) and wanted to experience as many places as possible... but specifically chose this line as a wanted to be surrounded by Europeans and feel like I was in Europe. This I got and LOVED. Very European experience- 10% passengers spoke English, shops opened from 4pm to midnight with passengers roaming arcades ( as per Europe), European influence food with Italian options available every night, Waltzing to oompah music. Partying gets going at 11pm and boy can they party. Families go everywhere together including the partying till 2am. Different Music genres going in multiple bars at night. Costa gets it very right. 5000 passengers and next to no queuing like other lines. Loved every aspect of this cruise. Itinerary great - a different city every day to wander around. Food good quality and plentiful. Drinks package well priced and generous - recommended for the included coffee water alcohol. Service great. With drinks package really no need to spend a cent once on board. Do this cruise only if you like to immerse yourself in the culture of Europe including families with children (have to say though I did not see one crying baby/child or any unruly behaviour, just kids having fun). If you want a cruise that is American culture or black tie nightly and that just visits Europe ports this is not the cruise for you, but if you want to experience true Europe whilst on a ship.and have fun... you will love it. Note: passengers mostly a mix of Italians Spanish French and Russians. People hop on and off at every port so no true start and finish. Very very little English speaking so you need to feel comfortable in your own company. But it was a blast. I will be back..

Amazing solo Trip - loved the European experience onboard

Costa Diadema Cruise Review by ‘Tis me

Note: passengers mostly a mix of Italians Spanish French and Russians.

People hop on and off at every port so no true start and finish.

But it was a blast. I will be back..
‘Tis me’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Diadema price drops

Classic Ocean View
Cabin EC 2259
Cabin great - largest I have had. Queen/king bed, large sofa (I think sofa bed) plus lounge seat 2 bathrooms- 1 with shower 1 with bath, ample cupboard space, room under bed for bags.
Hortensia Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins