3. Carnival Spirit
Hi as a first time Cruiser this was a wonderful experience. We travelled as a family of 12 aged between 5yrs,16yrs to the 30's & 56 which was me. The Ship was absolutely beautiful & catered for all ages. The entertainment on board was fantastic & ranged from bingo, trivia games, karoake , craft days & health beauty seminars. There were cinemas which catered for many ages & live shows eg stand up comedian & even a Hypnotist . I took my 5 year old grandson to see the Hypnotist & he was in awe. A great show. We built a bear & my Grandbaby joined Kids club. We had 2 formal nights, a Mexican night & a 80's night. They were fantastic fun & to watch my children participate was good fun. They had pirate dress up & treasure hunt. The hairiest chest contest. The list goes on. My partner & I followed a singer called Rob who played 70's & 80's & performed a Johnny Cash & Neil Diamond show. The Red Frog Pub lounge was fantastic on level 2, Shanghi was great for the karaoke nights & the seminars took place there through the the days. The Serenity area on deck 9 was just so good to chill as no children allowed lol! The service from all the bars, dining extra was nothing but excellent. The dining room Empire on level 2 & 3 was truly amazing nothing but professional & silver service. Food was prepared well & tasted delicious . The Buffet was a little more hectic but still great food & good variety. Pizza was 24hrs a day & my family took full advantage of it. Especially my 2 sons. Pizza mad. Hamburgers were cooked from about 11am till 5pm & you could put just about anything you wanted on them. Ice ream was in endless supply. The Cabins were really beautiful & I am pleased we paid the extra to have a balcony. 2 of our group members got a balcony slightly obstructed views but their room was even better than ours. I was in awe of it & next time would happily have the obstructed view. You could see everything really just below was a lifeboat but who cares. Their room 5174 was slightly bigger & better quality carpet, benches etc. Bathroom was much nicer than ours. We were all on level 5. Rooms 5252,5254,5256 & 5174. I would take 5174 anytime it was cheaper & a nicer. Room service was perfect. Our rooms were cleaned immaculately & Wyman was nothing but friendly, helpful & cheery. He knew our names quickly & greeted us daily with his lovely welcoming disposition. Everyday we had a towel animal greet us when we came back to our rooms. I was so impressed I went to a seminar where they showed how to make an elephant & dog. I was wrapped as elephants are my favourite animal. We purchased the book so worth it! The places we ported were Noumea, Isle of Pines, Mare, Mystery Island & Port Vila. Noumea I would probably not revisit but a tip make sure you exchange money either on ship or at the markets where there is an exchange machine. I went into supermarket & couldnt use Aussie $. But the bar we sat at for awhile did accept our money. Beaches beautiful but not so friendly. Isle of Pines was paradise & the people were just lovely. Happy friendly & welcoming. Next port was Mare where my adult children went snorkelling . They loved it &a I enjoyed the markets. Mystery Island was my favourite it was just so pretty &I reminded me of a Rv show called Gillgans island. The beaches in all these ports were stunning. No seaweed & a blue colour that was just mind boggling. The waters were stunning. Mystery Island was cheapest for souviniers . Port Vila was great but a bit more overwhelming. Busy busy busy. The taxi driver that took us about were friendly, knowledgable & keen to show how they live. But the Duty free is fantastic. All the islanders were lovely couldn't fault them. The French in general were semi pleasant but some rather rude. Well that is most of my experiences I found it just the most extraordinary 12 days & loved my every moments & so glad I shared them with my family. ( Television needs a bit of adjustment for those who can't sleep or need to entertain a child. They need a channel just for children's movies & they need more movies than the 7 or 9 they kept showing. People who lack sleep need some in room entertainment . I suggest you download iPad with movies & take them along with you)

Lots of Family Fun

Ages 16+
Get Carnival Spirit price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8C 5252
Very happy, cabin was immaculate & service staff exceptionally helpful
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins