3. Carnival Sunshine
We have been cruising for several years now on multiple lines. We are very familiar with Port Canaveral and enjoy sailing from there. Embarkation was fast and easy. Probably one of the best in our history. The Sunshine is a large Ship but not a mega ship. Large enough to not feel crowded. She had a major refit in 2012 changing from the Destiny to the Sunshine. My wife and I found her layout different than other ships and a little awkward at first to navigate. As always, our cabin steward was excellent and attentive. It is a personal opinion that industry wide, I have noticed a slight downward trend in food quality on the various lines. We make a point to dress and eat in the dining room for supper and for most breakfasts. The menu offerings were varied with some new items, but many of the familiar items and favorites seemed to be missing. Also portion sizes have shrunk a little. Not really a huge deal due to the fact that you can order pretty much all you want. We also make a point to try the Specialty options at least once a cruise. Some high points from The sunshine are the Havana Bar and its tastes of Cuba (gratis) and JiJis (15$ per person). JiJis is an inspired asian dining experience that was so SO worth it. Also I highly recommend trying the Chef's Table experience. It is worth every penny from start to finish. Just come hungry. Entertainment was on par with cruising. The stage shows were good but not wowing, although we had a master magician amaze us. This cruise had some of the best comedians we have seen and with fresh material. There was plenty to do on ship as usual. One really nice feature on the Sunshine is a 3 deck Serenity area at the fore of the ship. The service aboard was fantastic as usual. Our ports of call were Bermuda and grand Turk. Bermuda was beautiful. We, as a rule, do not book excursions, but rather "freestyle" and venture forth on our own. I took my time and did some research on Bermuda before our cruise and found some great travel options. The public transportation passes cover both ferry and bus. We spent some wonderful time travelling around and across the island, catching many sights and activities for less than the cost of one ship excursion. I highly recommend going to the Fantasy and Crystal caves, and a visit to St. George. Grand Turk is small and very flat. There are some neat sights there and some great shopping. Our whole goal was to sit beside the pretty blue water and do some snorkeling. We even managed to swim with an octopus for a while. There was plenty of beach sitting with free lounge chairs and clamshell shelters. Never did it feel crowded. And found an amazing little snack shack, The Beached Whale. I would definitely recommend this trip.

A good cruise to a wonderful destination.

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by FireDiver

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Interior

The service aboard was fantastic as usual.

I would definitely recommend this trip.
FireDiver’s Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 4F 8143
A typical interior cabin (185 sq ft) with plenty of stowage for our "stuff" plus my dive gear for a 8 day cruise. Never felt cramped or crowded. the bed was very comfortable (when we were in it). THe only odd part were the recessed spare beds in the ceiling. This was a first for us in several cruises.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins