3. Norwegian Jade
My group of 5 chose this cruise because of the itinerary - seeing many ports around the UK, and only two days at sea. Thoughts: Boarding: Very good, very fast. I thought Norwegian did a very good job of getting us onboard with minimum fuss and hassle. Room: 5526. We thought is was a very good outside cabin. Forward, Port, far enough from the elevators that we didn't get any noise, but close enough to allow us to move around the ship quickly. Food: Has really gone downhill since my last Norwegian cruise. I was disappointed. O'Sheahans was the exception, where the chicken wings were very good. Specialty dining in Cagney's and Le Bistro was very good, as usual, and we had several good meals at the Sushi bar and main Jasmine dining area. I'd like to see Norwegian step up its game with the food. Entertainment: Poor overall. The main production shows were bad, but a few of the guest performers were good: Duo aerialists, Stevie Jo, the violinist, Claudio Di Negri's first show (the second was a dud). Ports: Guernsey - unexpectedly good. Gill Girard tour. Portland - good. Dorset Day Tour with Daren Gapper. Cork - better than expected. Paddywagon Tour. Dublin - excellent - Dublin Tour Guides with Cathal Sheahan. Belfast - OK. Titanic Museum and the Hop On / Hop Off bus. Kirkwall - interesting. Orkney Uncovered Tour with Kinlay Francis. Invergordon - excellent. Invergordon Tours with Gavin Nicholson. Edinburgh - cancelled when the ship couldn't hold position for tendering. Newcastle - better than expected. Iles Tours with Alex Iles. London - excellent with Your Way Tours and Ray Sharman. Disembarking: We chose the independent process of leaving the ship early, moving our own luggage, and it went quickly and smoothly. Most of the staff on the ship were very friendly and went out of their way to help. The Customer Service Desk was the exception, where I was met with sour faces and a hesitation to help with my simple questions (specifically, I only wanted to confirm whether the onboard credit promised by my travel agent had in fact made it to my onboard account). Would I cruise with Norwegian again? Maybe / probably. The value they offer is excellent, but the downside is that the food is marginal. Maybe I need to eat more often in the specialty restaurants…..

Excellent Itinerary, Very Nice Ship, The Positives Outweigh The Negatives

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by Perkasaurus

Thoughts:

Perkasaurus’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OC 5526
We really liked the room. Forward, Port, far enough from the elevator so we didn't hear any noise, but close enough that it was easy to move around the ship.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins