Carnival Breeze Cruise Review
1,286 Reviews

Mostly a wonderful trip to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by JenOBRNC

• Sail Date: Sep 2018
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean Suite

Sunday, September 16 - embarkation smooth.

Monday, September 17 - sea day

Tuesday, September 18 - Sea day ate at steak house and had a professional private sitting with a photographer. They came out beautiful, and that is something I would never say, much less think of pictures of me.

Wednesday, September 19 - Grand Cayman - Snuba diving

Thursday, September 20 - sea day

Friday, September 21 - Aruba downtown walking and tasting tour

Saturday, September 22 - Caricao Caves and beach day.

Sunday, September 23 - Sea day

Monday, September 24th - Greneda- River tubing and scenic bus drive. No AC on run down busses. Very dirty river water. No lockers to store your valuables. We kept hearing stories about people having things stolen from the busses so we left our camera in the safe in our cabin. We decided to bring our phones with us, double ziplock bagged them but unfortunately, the phones didn't make it. Somehow the bag floated out of dh's pocket and ended up at the bottom of the river. We did get them back with a promise of almost $200 to the person who was able to find them. So out $165 and two cellphones. Yes, we tried the "rice thing" to dry them out but they still won't even turn on. Expensive mistake for sure. This, and I developed some weird itchy bug bites all over my legs. Didn't look like Miskito bites but itched for days.

Barbados - Tuesday September 25th no excursion. Just stayed in port and walked around a little. Bought sunscreen for $18-ridiculous. No pics because phones are now bricks from river tubing in Grenada. Went back to ship for lunch and then tried to take a nap. Mike was able to nap then he went to gym. I couldn't sleep but laid in be until 6 pm then we went to lido deck. Nothing really looked appetizing so I ate fruit (watermelon and pineapple. Mike had a little of everything. Tortellini, chicken cathitorri, chicken fried steak, fried rice. said the best was he rice. Soon after we tried some luck in casino. I don't get why so many people spend hours on end in there. If it was something that took skill I'd understand more but not the slots. Then we went to the comedy show. It was pretty good.

Dominica - Wed 26 th. Trolley ride through town pretty lame. 1 1/2 hrs

Botanical gardens , nothing like you'd be used to. Not much to look at. Kind of felt like we were in a parade because people were lined up on the streets waving at us. Houses all in ruins. Got some unique pics. Offered a small glass of rum punch or orange juice. Went to mdr for dinner.

St Maarten - Thursday September 27th

Big 3 - Flying Dutchman, tubing and canopy zip lining. Beautiful day!

Nice, air conditioned bus

This will take 6 hrs because of all the waiting. Zip lines very cool, Flying Dutchman not as scary or thrilling as you'd expect. In fact all three of the other zip lines were very thrilling in comparison to the FD. They do have a bar while waiting for the FD, but I do not want to drink rum or beer when I'm exerted from Climbing hills. It wasn't managed well as far as time. Very slow hooking people up and bringing vests back up the hill. The schooner tube rides are very lame. No water. We skipped all together. One thing that irritated quite a few of us. The cruise director, Schwartz, and his friends came up to the fd and realized they probably would not have time to enjoy this particular portion of the excursion. I don’t know if he went up to the manager or if the manager approached him but he and 14 of his crew was pushed ahead of about 30 other cruisers so that they could make it back to the ship at a good time. Unfortunately, this made it so 12 people that were waiting at least 3 hours were not able to enjoy the fd. This excursion also held up the ship for over an hour. (We did get a police escort back to the ship which was kind of neat because it was after 5 pm and lots of traffic). We were very disappointed that we now were not able to do any shopping on the island. By the time we got back on the ship it was just after 5:30 and we were starving since we had no chance to eat lunch, and wanted a real meal so quick showers we had and off to the mdr. There is always so much food that I never have been able to finish my dinner, but tonight was the exception. I had Caesar salad, steak, baked potato and broccoli. (I even had 2 desserts- apple pie and a chocolate tres leche. The apple pie was the better of the 2).

Friday, September 28th Sea day - breakfast in bed again thanks to sweet dh. Coffee, orange juice, French toast, pancakes. For lunch we had BBQ and watched a little bit of the ballroom dance lessons. Then we decided to go to the library bar and play some board games while we sampled some wine. Dh taught me how to play Texas hold 'em. I won, hee hee. Decided to back to the cabin and sit out on our patio so that we could be away from all the people but still be outside.

Elegant night for dinner. I didn't realize until 4:00pm. Bleh. we've mostly been eating in the mdr because we feel it's the best food on the ship without paying more for it. I still have a dress that I haven't worn so I guess I'll slip it on. Makeup and hair will just need to be touched up a little and then I'm good to go.

JenOBRNC's Full Rating Summary

Ocean Suite
Cabin OS 7242

First time choosing a suite. This was a special occasion as it is our 25th wedding anniversary so we wanted to splurge and rent a suite. Unfortunately when we stepped into our sweet there were a few things that we were very disappointed with. Our Jacuzzi tub had a nasty ring around it. At first I thought well maybe it's just a stain that won't come off but low and behold I was easily able to scrub some off with a cloth. It's one thing when I am cleaning my own bathtub but when I see that there is somebody else is still in my tub I was disgusted. The TV was also smashed and the linens on the bed were ripped I also have really bad pet allergies and for some reason in this room I could not stop sneezing. It took about a day to have some of these issues addressed but once they were for the rest of our stay was fantastic

Snuba Diving

Very cool experience. One of the things I did not like about this excursion is once you are in the water it is extremely rocky. I broke a toe and as you can imagine that can be very difficult when you are after person and trying To get around other islands

View All 17 Snuba Diving Reviews

this looks OK. We learned a little bit about the island we stopped and tasted something like a cheese filled donut, also a small sample of beer.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Cave Tour

This was the caves and beach day. I was assuming that the caves would be in water like if you were going to cave tubing like we have done in the leaves. But it was not. Lots of climbing so if you are and not steady on your feet or can't handle all of the steps or stairs this excursion is not for you. We also went to Nice beach nice and clear turquoise water.

View All 81 Cave Tour Reviews
Tubing

River tubing and scenic bus drive. No AC on run down busses. Very dirty river water. No lockers to store your valuables. We kept hearing stories about people having things stolen from the busses so we left our camera in the safe in our cabin. We decided to bring our phones with us, double ziplock bagged them but unfortunately, the phones didn't make it. Somehow the bag floated out of dh's pocket and ended up at the bottom of the river. We did get them back with a promise of almost $200 to the person who was able to find them. So out $165 and two cellphones. Yes, we tried the "rice thing" to dry them out but they still won't even turn on. Expensive mistake for sure. This, and I developed some weird itchy bug bites all over my legs. Didn't look like Mosquito bites but itched for days.

Barbados

Not much to share here. The usual stops and you're not going to see much besides the boat yard and less you go on an excursion

Train

. Trolley ride through town pretty lame. 1 1/2 hrs

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Disembarking was very easy we were one of the first ones off because we had a suite. My parents live in Cape Canaveral so they picked us up easy

Beautiful day! Nice, air conditioned bus. This will take 6 hrs because of all the waiting. Zip lines very cool, Flying Dutchman not as scary or thrilling as you'd expect. In fact all three of the other zip lines were very thrilling in comparison to the FD. They do have a bar while waiting for the FD, but I do not want to drink rum or beer when I'm exerted from Climbing hills. It wasn't managed well as far as time. Very slow hooking people up and bringing vests back up the hill. The schooner tube rides are very lame. No water. We skipped all together. One thing that irritated quite a few of us. The cruise director, Schwartz, and his friends came up to the fd and realized they probably would not have time to enjoy this particular portion of the excursion. I don’t know if he went up to the manager or if the manager approached him but he and 14 of his crew was pushed ahead of about 30 other cruisers so that they could make it back to the ship at a good time. Unfortunately, this made it so 12 people that were waiting at least 3 hours were not able to enjoy the fd. This excursion also held up the ship for over an hour. (We did get a police escort back to the ship which was kind of neat because it was after 5 pm and lots of traffic). We were very disappointed that we now were not able to do any shopping on the island. By the time we got back on the ship it was just after 5:30

View All undefined undefined Reviews