3. Celebrity Constellation
Hi, Overall the cruise was good but I'm second guessing the overall value. The Luminae restaurant was great as was their staff. Our Butler (Sebastian) and Stateroom Attendant (Tumin) were great. The Shore Excursions team was not the best. We booked the Portofino, Rapallo, & St. Margherita excursion and quite simply it has to rank up there with one of the worst excursions ever. There were 7 tour groups on this excursion (approximately 300 people). And, Celebrity thought it was smart to have everyone hop off the tender, to get crammed on another boat (with approximately all 300 people) to get you on a boat to Rapallo. The excursion was so bad that everyone was complaining. We complained to the Excursions team, but nothing was done. We also went down to the private excursions office to find out more about their offerings - instead of the big group offerings (this was the 3rd night of the cruise) and they didn't get back to us until the 2nd to last night of the cruise. Huh? What poor service. I noted this to Celebrity in our cruise survey, to give me a call, but I haven't heard from them. We ended up taking one more excursion (which we could cancel because of the cancellation policy as it was the next day). Then from there on our we did our own thing hiring taxis. I would suggest to Celebrity to work with the local taxi companies and get some waiting at the port. Toulon was a bust. There were no taxis available outside the port and you had to walk half an hour to get to a taxi stand. And, in Sete, there were also no taxi's available for hire. As another person pointed out, the movie area on the ship was great, but the choice of movies was horrible. Music on the ship was limited as some of the entertainers take 2 nights off in a row. I've never seen that on a cruise ship. Also, this cruise didn't have lectures on sea days like other cruises we've been on in the past. I'm not sure why, but we're not ones to enjoy the poolside volleyball or ring toss games. I'd rather listen to more information about the area we're visiting. Disembarkation wasn't that great. We waited in line over an hour for a taxi to get us to our hotel. There were only 5 or 6 taxis at a time taking people from the port, while hundreds were in line. Why can't this be fixed? Overall Celebrity does an ok job, but I might be more inclined to try another cruise line like Viking for our next trip.

Celebrity Constellation - Not bad

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by rmaynard

rmaynard’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Royal Suite
Cabin RS 6133
The Royal Suite was above our expectations. The bedroom was big and so was the living area. The Celebrity Suites are a little nicer on another ship we were on because the entire sitting area faced the ocean, unlike the Royal Sleep. All the beverages you could imagine were included in the Royal Suite. The Butler and Room Attendant did a great job.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins