3. Carnival Magic
I'll try to keep this short and sweet for you TL;DR folks. Day One: Embarkation did not go without a hitch. Carnival did not print "Priority" on our boarding papers (my wife and I are presently Platinum), so we were sent to the regular line. After talking to a customer service rep we got that little Snafu fixed. After that boarding was a breeze. Cabins were still not available when we boarded so up to Lido was the plan for a possible snack. All of Lido was busy as you'd expect. Muster drill was as expected, at least they don't show that terrible video that both RC and Celebrity use. At dinner we had Yves and if you get her as your waitress, you're in for a treat. She's very friendly and efficient. Too bad we didn't get seated in her section for the rest of the cruise, but saw her daily at breakfast. Day Two: Day at Sea. Just took it easy, rode the water-slide and hung out in their splash-zone with our cousins and their kids. Day Three: Costa Maya, we rode ATVs and my wife hit a tree. Not just glanced a tree, but hit it head on. She's fine, but she did knock a crown loose. Luckily her cousin had some super glue available which is holding nicely until she can see her dentist. Plus we got to see a guy walking down the road wielding a machete. I really hope he was simply on his way to/from work. Day Four: Mahogony Bay, Honduras. A nice stop, we did the Horseback and Beach excursion. My horse, Chanel (but she calls herself Diabla Meurta) was a well trained girl who really likes to stomp in the ocean. I learned a fun fact, horses like bananas including the peels. Day Five: Belize. Belize concerns me and our family, so none of our party got off the boat. Plus it was a tendering stop which adds all kinds of complexity to getting ashore. Day Six: Cozumel. No excursions, but just walking around and shopping. I had a pretty good Mango Daiquiri from Fat-Tuesday. Day Seven: Day at Sea. More relaxing. Day Eight: Debarkation went smoothly, however customs went rather slowly. BTW, MCO (Orlando's Airport) has some of the slowest security I've ever encountered. It took nearly an hour to get though even with all lanes manned and open. Side Notes: *Imade was our Cabin Steward, excellent service. He supports 36 cabins which in itself is a full time job. *Both Yves and Thomas are excellent in the main dining room. *Guy's Burgers, you can't go wrong. Line on Day One was wrapped around the corner, lunch on Day Seven was walk-up and order. No wait. *Pizza place Lido/Aft always good. *Swirls (soft serve) was open every time I walked by. *Bar service, my wife got an insanely strong Long Island Iced Tea. I think I'm still feeling its affects. *Shopping, typical cruise stuff. *Casino, I live in Vegas so the casino was nothing special to see. They were constantly busy though. This was Magic's last cruise out of Port Canaveral, she moved to Miami after our trip.

Final Port Canaveral Cruise for Magic

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by UnixGeekDave

I'll try to keep this short and sweet for you TL;DR folks.

Day Seven: Day at Sea. More relaxing.

Side Notes:

*Both Yves and Thomas are excellent in the main dining room.

*Pizza place Lido/Aft always good.

*Swirls (soft serve) was open every time I walked by.

*Shopping, typical cruise stuff.

UnixGeekDave’s Full Rating Summary

Cove Balcony
Cabin 7C 2297
I really like the Cove Balconies. Being about 10m above the water line is a nice experience. We even got a little spray while underway. We had to order a second mattress because the default ones are not nearly padded enough to spend a week on. Imade, our steward is awesome. He was friendly, attentive and quite efficient.
Storage was typical Carnival, just enough for our stuff, but our couch was needed to keep extras. I like the extra storage we had on Celebrity Silhouette over the bed. I hope the next designers for Carnival cabins are paying attention.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins