3. Norwegian Getaway
Other NCL ships are run by staff that is in the hospitality business. The Getaway is run by administrators and supervisors. There is no consideration or attempt at being gracious hosts. There is absolutely nothing offered to a Platinum member other than the "standards" left in the cabin upon arrival. The Latitudes party was for every single level all mashed together outside in the heat. No receiving line. Short introduction of officers and then they could not get away fast enough. Not a party. Not even a real reception. The food was the worst ever and the buffet had countless problems. Big language/understanding problems with the staff. Staff person making Greek salads tried to tell me that there was no cheese on a Greek Salad. The word feta was impossible to communicate. Cobb salad the next day I just looked and shook my head. No blue cheese (cheddar instead!) no bacon and no avocado. I have owned two hot tubs. My cruise was to be a spa retreat. I had to point out two separate days that the water in the spa pool was not treated properly. Any sort of thermal pool should not have excess foam. That is a sign that water is not treated properly. I lost three days of spa relaxation until they got the water clean. Any point/suggestion made to an officer was merely taken in. On two occasions there was personnel stationed outside the dining room trying to move people up to the buffet rather than enjoy the dining room. There is smoking in more places than I have ever seen on a ship. The Sunset bar is ruined by smoking directly next to the seats on the bar. In the very middle of the pool deck there are a few glass walls and smoking is allowed right there. Up in Spice H20 the bar side is given to smokers. All this on top of the stink in the casino. I will never sail on this ship again and am giving serious consideration to leaving NCL.

Unlike any other NCL experience I have had