3. Norwegian Epic
Epic indeed! The ship was full to capacity but I did not experience any delays (embarkation/disembarkation, elevator, restaurants, services, bars) Of course we had to get in line but the line moved quickly. I brought walkie talkies expecting that it would take forever to walk from one end of the ship to another and needing to reach each other but we only used it the first 2 days. The ship was easy to navigate and good signage at every elevator. I stayed in a family balcony stateroom on deck 12 with my 3 sisters and it was comfortable with adequate storage space. Privacy was not an issue for us but it may be for those who are not as close. Dining was great in the Manhattan where we dined about 4 times. Taste was also delicious as was the Garden Café and H2O Spice. O'Sheehans was not a good experience. I order the corned beef hash and it was very dry and very salty. Tiny cubed potatos and beef, no onions or spices. All the bars were terrific, we got the drick package and it was worth it. No lines anywhere - again, a full ship. Waiters constantly refilling your beverage of choice. Excursions we did outside of NCL and paid half for the same tours.. Customer service was second to none. I read the reviews on this site prior to cruising and was hesitant but I'm glad I decided to go forward with my plans. We all had return flights at 10am and was able to make it to BCN airport by 7am via taxi and we carried our own luggage - do not check them in with NCL for disembarkation, it just delays your exit. Only 1 issue is the lighting in the cabin was dim for my preference.

Get ready to be spoiled!

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by JJ_Seattle

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Family Mini-Suite with Balcony

JJ_Seattle’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Family Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M3 12254
Super comfortable beds, adequate storage space but cabin needs more lighting. We were up before sunrise and it was a challenge applying makeup.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Private Tour
    90 minute walking tour 'Highlights of Barcelona' was fantastic. We did this on Sunday morning at 10am, then had lunch and made our way to the pier.
    View All 49 Private Tour Reviews
  • Cannes
    We originally reserved the Vespas but some in my party did not have driving experience so the tour operator reommended Ebikes and they worked great! Super fun, I am so glad we did this tour.
    View All 11,618 Cannes Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cannes Cruise Port Review
  • Cinque Terre
    We did this with NCL because our tour operator cancelled at the last minute due to insufficient number of passengers.
    The NCL cost was comparable to other operators for same tour.
    View All 83 Cinque Terre Reviews
  • Mt. Vesuvius
    I got a littly nauseaus from the winding road getting to Mt Vesuvius. Others did too.
    View All 49 Mt. Vesuvius Reviews
  • Valldemossa
    Booked this with NCL because I wanted to see Valldemossa and all the other tour operators were unavailable. Again the cost on this tour was comparable to others. The tour had about 15 min where the guide gave some historical commentary and then were on our own downtown. I would have prefered to see more of the older architecture but instead it was shopping and restaurants.
    View All 26 Valldemossa Reviews
  • Private Tour
    CAB met us at the port. As soon as we stepped out of the secured area, the driver was there with a sign. No time wasted and we were on our way to the Vatican City
    View All 128 Private Tour Reviews
  • Sistine Chapel
    We did the Vatican, Sistine Chapel and Cathedral in one package. We got a private CAB from the port to Vatican City and the drive alone cost $150 EUR in a minivan for 4 of us (each way)
    View All 109 Sistine Chapel Reviews
  • St. Peter's Basilica
    We did the Vatican, Sistine Chapel and Cathedral in one package. Skip the Line tickets
    View All 118 St. Peter's Basilica Reviews