3. Rotterdam
This was our first trip on Holland America. We have traveled on Princess, Viking and Royal Caribbean. Holland America provided us with a lovely vacation and we would find it hard to rank order the ships. We enjoyed some more due to the destinations but the ships were each lovely in their own way. The Rotterdam is an older ship with many nice surprises. The stateroom was very comfortable and there is a good amount of closet and drawer space. I also think the ship is very stable in rough seas. It seemed to me that there was very little rocking in heavy winds when they used their stabilizers. The shows and movies were wonderful. Rondell Sheridan had us rolling with laughter. Enjoyed the many spots to have a drink as well as the casino. We were not able to stop at Prince Edward Island. But Bar Harbor and Quebec were wonderful. Now I must say the best part of the trip was the food and the service. We actually did not eat in any of specialty restaurants because we thought the food was fabulous in the regular dinning room.

Such a Wonderful Surprise

Rotterdam Cruise Review by Pearl 69

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Large Outside Stateroom (partial sea views)
Pearl 69’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Rotterdam price drops

Large Outside Stateroom (partial sea views)
Cabin DD 3312
Good size.
Roomy closets for a ship.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins