• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Silver Spirit Review

Editor Rating
20 Awards

Fine cruise, terrible experience disembarking in New York City.

Review for Silver Spirit to Transatlantic
jwoolever
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2018
Cabin: Classic Veranda Suite

The disembakring experience in NYC ruined the cruise. There was no representative from Silversea to assist passnegers attempting to find the bus to LaGuardia airport. No one on the ground knew which bus was destined to this airport. We literally wandered around trying the street to find our bus - again NO ONE from Silversea was there to assist this operation. Bus driver admitted he was not familar w/ streets of NYC. He refused to take passengers to their terminal besides terminal B at LaGuardia. I was forced to gather all my luggage abd walk through the airport terminal w/ my luggage trying to find a transit bus to transport me to the Delta terminal at LaGuarda - terminal D. It was a total mess - many passengers were visibly upset. This was excusable on the part of Silversea - you had our money and now we were less than human.

Someone from Silversea should be TERMINATED for this toal lack of civilty and service. Many people on the bus voiced the consensus opinion that this will be our last cruise because of the fiasco in NYC. As a trained PH.D. ethicist all the people on the bus to Laguardia should receive financial compensation for the disgraceful behavior we were treated by Silversea. We were viewed as cattle who did not to be treated as a human being.I would gladly talk to some representative, but doubt my opinion matters. You failed to make this cruise memorable by the manner you treated people disembarking the ship in NYC. Shame on Silversea!!!

Classic Veranda Suite

Cabin CV

Cabinet service was excellent.

Port Reviews