3. Carnival Conquest
This was our 14th Carnival cruise, but the first time on Conquest. We are platinum so we arrived about 11:00 and got quickly on board. Perfect embarkation. We went right to our room to drop off our bag and headed for Guy's Burgers. I love those burgers and The Ringer is my favorite. Went to muster and headed out of the port on time. First day we were in Princess Cays in the Bahamas and decided to stay on the ship. I really prefer to have a day at sea the first day to relax. Next day we were in Grand Turk and did some swimming and walked the port area a little. There was another ship in the port and it was pretty crowded. Then we had a day at sea and arrived the next day in Curacao. We walked around the downtown area as there were no rental cars available. Ended up sitting in this little bar having a few cocktails and looking at the beautiful water. The next day we were in Aruba and went on a catamaran snorkeling tour through the ship. We had an absolute blast and this was probably the highlight of the trip. Two words. Rum Punch. Now the good and the bad about the ship. The food was really good. Of course, the breakfast in the buffet was pretty routine, but I have to say that they have seriously improved the scrambled eggs. They were actually edible!! The sea day brunch and the steakhouse were good but extremely sloooooooow. The steakhouse put thyme on my cowboy steak and I am no fan of thyme. The service on the ship was really good with the exception of the bartenders. Very, very slow and it sometimes took quite a while to get a drink. The music in the buffet was way too loud and too rowdy. It was annoying when you are trying to relax and eat. We only ate in the MDR a few times but the service was good and we enjoyed ourselves. Our stateroom steward, Jose was okay but too overworked. Some days he did not get to our room until 2 in the afternoon. We asked for both services but would tell him to skip us in the evenings if we didn't need anything. He was very pleasant and always called us by name. Here are my biggest complaints..... Smoke in the casino. It was horrible and it ruined playing the slots for us. We would try to go early in the morning so we could gamble and breath. We actually won a few dollars which was nice for a change. Also, the channels on the TV in the stateroom sucked. They truly sucked and that might be a deal breaker for us. We enjoy relaxing in our room and watching football games. There was absolutely no sports of any kind on the TV. The only movies were really old like Karate Kid and they repeated. They had 3 or 4 cartoon channels which would have been good if we were 5. The other members of the group were displeased and have voiced their desire to move to another cruise line. It would be very easy for Carnival to fix these two complaints and I hope that they do!! The entertainment was lacking. One more thing. The stateroom was in exceptional condition, but the ship is looking worn in some areas. The elevators are really beat up and there was a lot of rust on our balcony. The decor just look old and tired. Our Lido deck cabin, 9287 was exceptional and close to everything. It was very, very quiet. Lovely!!

Off to The Southern Caribbean

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by cruising maniac

cruising maniac’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 9287
Grab this cabin if you can. It was clean, quiet, and very convenient. I loved it!! The bed was comfortable. There is a frig and a very little TV. The air kept the room cool. Some rust on the balcony and the plexiglass is no longer very clear.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins