• Newsletter

2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2018
Cabin: Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

I'm poor, so cruising isn't something I get to do, needless to say I was very excited about this early birthday trip to what would likely be my only opportunity to see Bermuda. Bermuda was canceled, while that was a real bummer I still wanted to make lemonade of lemons but unfortunately Norwegian failed to deliver in so many ways.

We went to a port in Florida where we got a lovely view of a parking lot, there wasn't enough time there to do anything off the boat. I've been to FL a lot and could've planned a week long vacay there for a tiny fraction of what we paid for this cruise and had much more fun doing it. We went to Norwegian's island Great Stirrup Cay, while it was nice the tender there was extremely crowded, we had to use stairs to get there and my bad knee/hip was feeling that hardcore, the beach was packed, and there was nothing to do there. The entertainment on the ship had to be reserved and once the Bahamas was canceled every last thing filled up. The boat was way too packed to do anything without the ports of call to thin out the herd.

As for dining every place was so full we never got to try anything outside of the buffet. The drinks were good but it turns out the beverage package does not include every drink and we were charged extra fees when we got drinks, this wasn't disclosed to us up front.

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom