3. Norwegian Escape
I'm poor, so cruising isn't something I get to do, needless to say I was very excited about this early birthday trip to what would likely be my only opportunity to see Bermuda. Bermuda was canceled, while that was a real bummer I still wanted to make lemonade of lemons but unfortunately Norwegian failed to deliver in so many ways. We went to a port in Florida where we got a lovely view of a parking lot, there wasn't enough time there to do anything off the boat. I've been to FL a lot and could've planned a week long vacay there for a tiny fraction of what we paid for this cruise and had much more fun doing it. We went to Norwegian's island Great Stirrup Cay, while it was nice the tender there was extremely crowded, we had to use stairs to get there and my bad knee/hip was feeling that hardcore, the beach was packed, and there was nothing to do there. The entertainment on the ship had to be reserved and once the Bahamas was canceled every last thing filled up. The boat was way too packed to do anything without the ports of call to thin out the herd. As for dining every place was so full we never got to try anything outside of the buffet. The drinks were good but it turns out the beverage package does not include every drink and we were charged extra fees when we got drinks, this wasn't disclosed to us up front. The wifi was absolutely terrible, a two minute task would take ten minutes and trying to logout was incredibly frustrating when it's costing $1/minute. We went to guest services about the wifi issues, they sent us to the internet manager who sent us back to guest services who told us once again it wasn't their problem. We didn't want to keep bouncing back and forth as the lines were very long with unhappy customers on this cruise. We were charged $29/day for room cleaning and our room was only cleaned twice, not only because we know how to clean up after ourselves but the insane amount of rocking kept us pretty seasick, we weren't able to leave the room a whole lot, and even if we could everything was booked solid, there wasn't much to do. The room itself was nice (balcony room) but the bed was solid as a rock and that divide in the middle from the beds being pushed together was definitely felt. The TV would occasionally just go out, it didn't time out, it flickered and would cut out, and sometimes have trouble coming back on. The remote only worked sometimes. The speakers weren't very clear as it was difficult to understand anything the captain or cruise director said. The art auctions are fun but wow is Park West ever a scam, do yourself a favor and look into them. It's deplorable that Norwegian allows such fraudulent activity on their ships. As long as the checks clear I guess it doesn't matter. While I am thankful they wanted to steer us away from the storm (which is as much a benefit to them as it is to us) they knew up front what was ahead and denied any form of cancellation refund, and they offered no compensation afterwards, no partial refunds, no future cruise discounts to show they're not so shady afterall, nothing. Even if we were able to take the intended itinerary a lot of things on this ship and about Norwegian was an absolute failure.

Failure in Every Possible Way